0

Her hands clung on to her older brothers shirt. She was scared. His heart began to pound. The two watched in fear as their once happily parents fought.

"You need take care of the children!" Their mother pointed her finger angrily. "I do! At least I'm there for them!" The young man clenched his fists. The two glared at each other with pure hatred and hurt. Both too young to have kids. Both not as compatible with one another as they thought.

"It's okay Y/N, it's alright.. it's going to be alright.. it's going to be alright.. I promise.. it's going to be al-" Tears brimmed his eyes as his sentence never finished. It was interrupted by the breaking of glass and raised voices.

"I never loved you!" The frightened children trembled as the father had thrown a glass cup at the wall. His eyes squinting with rage. Their mother was taken aback by the sudden gesture. She was angry and frustrated on the outside but you could tell she was holding back her tears.

"If you never loved me then why did you date me? Why did you marry me? Why did you have a family with me? Why'd you ever decide to stay?" Her voice lowered, but her words spoken with true anger. She was hunched slightly and rubbed her temples never taking her eyes off of her partner. He gritted his teeth and clenched his fists once more.

The couple stared at each other as the young man raised his clenched fist. "Because if I left I would've made a fool of myself." His fist got tighter. The mother straightened herself and her face saddened. "A fool of yourself? What am I!? Your shoulder to lean on? Someone to carry your problems!?" She took steps closer to the angered man her expression changing at her every word. "Well I'm not, okay?" Her mouth tightened. "You little-" But his sentence stopped as he struck the woman down.

The children screamed with tears threatening to fall. Their bodies shook as they watched their father hit their mom.

The young woman's body fell to the ground and she gripped her face in pain. Her fingernails scraping against the hardwood floor. Her breathing quickening as she slowly stood up.

Y/N cried out and she let go of her brothers shirt. She leapt out of his arms and ran to her mom. She felt so much sadness and confusion. With every step she took her heart broke. She was so close, she reached out her hand only for it to be hit out of the way with such a force it sent her backwards. She looked up with hurt and sadness for her own father had hit her.

"Don't hit her!" Her mother cried with shock and agony. The man looked down at his hand as not even he himself knew what he had just done. Y/N's brother gasped and ran to Y/Ns aid and looked toward his father with hatred.

The woman ran to her daughter and picked her up and held her close. No matter how mad she got she would always protect her young ones. "Let go of her you monster!" The man took angry steps towards the three. He grabbed the woman's wrist and pulled it from Y/N's side. The woman gasped in fear and tightened her grip on Y/N from her other side. The man shook his head and yanked her other wrist. "I said let her go."

With this the woman winced in pain and let go of the young girl. Y/N dropped to the floor, sucking the impact through her teeth. Her body ached as she tried to get up. The young boy only watching decided to take action and hit his dad with such force. "Don't touch them you damn bastard!!" The pre-teen tried to hit his dad back but his hands got removed. "You are not to touch me young man, take your sister to her room." The man then gripped the woman as she struggled to get away. The tween responded with a nod and picked his sister up while stomping to her room, sending secret glares toward his father.

He laid the smaller girl onto her bed as she shook and cried. He sat beside her bed and stroked her hair. "Don't worry Y/N everything with work out. I promise you, it will. Things will get better. Mom and dad will be fine, nothing else is going to hap-" Cut off once again by the slamming of a door and more glass breaking.

-----------------------

Thank you for reading!