Rehearsal dinner and wedding

Tonight was our rehearsal dinner before the wedding. Noah didn't come. That didn't sit well with my parents, but I just wanted to deal with no stress.

We had a friendly gathering after rehearsing at the church. Trying to figure out who was going to walk me down the aisle was a no brainer; my dad Ben of course. Scott would be walking Georgia down. They only felt it was right.

As for dinner, it was friendly except Ava didn't come. I didn't understand why. Noah wasn't going to be there, but Mel and Brent explained that she had been dealing with some personal things.

Everyone else showed which was a relief. I was already a ball of nerves. I couldn't believe it was just six months ago when I was dancing with Dom. So much had happened but I knew deep down, he was the man for me.

They say someone will come into your life and show you why no others had worked out before. I believe that.

Even though six months ago was when I first took a liking for him, I had known him a lot longer through brief encounters. Meeting him when I was six, I would never imagine it would come down to saying I do. It was mind-boggling.

After the rehearsal dinner, we parted ways. I was staying at my parents along with Georgia so we could get ready for tomorrow. It felt surreal being back home, even if it was for the night.

Georgia and I sat in my old room and talked when mom came in and joined us.

"I can't believe I'm getting married tomorrow. It still feels strange," I said.

"It feels strange to you? Consider how it must be for me," mom said. "I remember bringing you home from the hospital. When you took your first step and your first word, then when you started school, I must have cried a billion tears. Then I met you," she said, looking at Georgia. "You two were like two peas in a pod. To imagine becoming a mother to both of you has been an amazing journey."

We smiled at mom.

"You two, along with your brother, are my greatest achievements even if I think your brother is being a dink," she said as we giggled.

"Mom, you can't be happy about that witch, can you?" Georgia asked her.

"I'm not happy, but I also know your brother is like your father. All I can hope is that he comes to his senses," she explained.

I got what mom was saying, and so did Georgia. Noah was exactly like Scott in that aspect.

I hoped he came to his senses, but mostly I hope he didn't get his heart broke.

*******

I awoke and made my way downstairs to get some coffee. If I was going to function correctly, I needed caffeine. Georgia was already up, as was mom and dads.

"Morning sleepyhead," Dad said to me as he wrapped his arm around me and kissed me on top of the head.

"Morning," I yawned.

I poured a cup of coffee as they talked wedding.

"Limo should arrive around eleven to take everyone to the church," Scott said.

"Lina and I will ride with Kami," Dad told him.

"That's fine. Rob and I will ride with Georgia. The boys are meeting us there, and Corey and Margo are bringing Mikayla," Scott said.

I don't know if it was nerves or what, but I set my cup down and bolted for the bathroom.

"Kami?" Dad said as they all got up and followed me.