When things go wrong, go left

The house hunting was a bust. Sarah showing up after dealing with the whole house situation didn't help. Someone was out to sabotage dad's company. And to top it off with, I had a stalker. Could things get any worse? Don't answer that, because they were.

At work, things were tense. They were trying to figure out who was leaking information about shipments since our rival company kept intercepting them.

While they were digging up every piece of paper, I was logging something and noticed information wasn't right. I decided to dig a little deeper and pulled up a file that seemed hidden.

What in the hell?

"Georgia?"

"Yes," she said, popping up on the other side of the cubicle.

"Look at this," I said, pointing at the screen.

Georgia walked around and leaned in, "Who's Tabitha Lane?"

"Do you know anyone by that name?" I asked her.

"It sounds familiar. Wait, click on that," Georgia said, pointing to another link.

I clicked on it and up popped the name, Davis Lane.

"Davis Lane? Isn't he the janitor," I asked her.

"The one and only," she said to me.

We got up and made our way to dad's office. He was talking to Corey and Mitch.

"What is it?" He said with slight irritation.

"We know who's behind the leak," we both said as they looked at us.

********

We stood there as dad sat in my chair and looked at everything. It was all there on the screen. He started printing everything out.

"How did you find this?" He asked us.

"I was inputting data entry, and I noticed an extension to a file I had never seen before. So, I clicked it," I shrugged.

"Then I told her to click another link, and voila, leak found," Georgia said with an arm gesture. We looked at her as she grinned. Leave it to my sister to add flair to a problem.

"Good work, girls. Let me handle this, and then I think it's time to sit down and discuss a few things with you both," he said, getting up. He grabbed the papers out of the printer then walked away with Mitch and Corey.

Georgia and I hi-fived each other. Dom walked up a few minutes later, "Dare I ask why you two are so happy?"

"Just call us Kami and Georgia, ace detectives," Georgia grinned.

He looked at me, "That means we found the leak."

"Ah, well, I got better news, I found a realtor," he said.

"Great," I groaned, sitting down in my chair. I had no enthusiasm after the last realtor.

He leaned over and placed his hands on my armrests to my chair, "Trust me, you will like this realtor," he smiled.

I looked at him. He stood up and walked away. I looked at Georgia, who shrugged.

******

Dad called Georgia and me into the office and had a sit down with us. He informed us Davis was fired and arrested for what he did.

It turns out he would wait for everyone to leave and log onto the system and collect information on the shipments and locations. Then he would transfer the data to his mother, Tabitha Lane, who worked for Sinclair Inc. The same Tabitha who use to work for Dad, who he fired.