Chapter Thirty-Two

Mulai dari awal

"Hello?" Walter groaned.

"Morning sleeping beauty," Brandon commented. "Anyways, no time for jokes. I just got the analysis back on the bloody footprint in Monica's home. It matched to Ervin Lance, but it matched to an unidentified woman."

Walter sat up, pushed the covers off his body. "What? Can you tell me more about this woman?"

"The only thing I have is that she's a French woman. Thats it."

And just like that, Walter managed to put on any clothes he could find in only ten seconds before rushing out of his apartment.

-x-

"Seth!"

Detective Lance turned to look at Walter who was eagerly rushing to him, waving a piece of paper in his hand. He still hadn't forgotten what he said about his son.

"What?" He said in a low voice.

Walter noticed the annoyance in his partners voice but pushed passed it, placing the paper on his desk. "The bloody footprint that was found in Monica's house not only matched to Ervin, but also to an unidentified white female. A French woman."

Seth's eyes wondered to the side, thinking about the information he was just given. "Emily Hunter was French."

"Exactly."

"Oh gosh," Seth whispered with his hand over his mouth. "Do you know what this means, Walt?"

"Yea, our killer is the midnight rose murderer."

"No, not that." Seth lowered his hand and let it rest on his desk. "It means that now we have to give our case over to the FBI."

Walter furrowed his eyebrows, frowning. "Seth, we'll still be working it. And if we do have to give it to the FBI, thats ok, it'll be a load taken off our shoulders."

"But still, I don't want to be taken off this case." Seth looked down at the floor. "If I get taken off this case, I won't forgive you."

Walter loved his partner. He meant so much to him. He was almost like a brother to him as well. So he didn't want him to be mad at him. Not to mention, the more he thought about the situation, the more he realized he wouldn't really have much of a reason to talk with Jordan anymore.

"Alright I'll try my best."

Seth ran a hand down his face, feeling relieved. This case for some reason meant so much to him. He didn't want to die without solving this case first.

"Thank you," he said.

-x-

Leonardo had his arms crossed while sitting at the couch, waiting for the phone to ring which was sitting on the coffee table in the living room. He'd been sitting still for almost two hours, doing nothing but watching the news on tv. There wasn't much going on. Just some news about a very well known insurance company with a man named Zachary Sorrentino as the person behind the company. But Leonardo wasn't really interested in it. He just wanted the phone to ring.

Cheryl popped her head into the living room, sighing. "Anything?"

Leonardo shook his head and Cheryl frowned, walking out of the living room to leave Leonardo by himself. He was eager to get answers. Why did his daughter have to die? Why did Joe Robinson have to die? And why did Nico have to die? People who were close to him, dead.