EIGHTEEN: GUYS?

EIGHTEEN: GUYS

THEY WERE SCREWED

THEY WERE SCREWED. Heather was bleeding, she needed a hospital, there were some pretty serious bite marks that were definitely unexplainable. The monsters disappeared, but they all held their breath in horrifying anticipation, waiting for them to return. As soon as the creatures were for sure gone, Steve ripped off his jacket, tearing off a sleeve and wrapping it around Heather's leg.

"Someone find something to make a tourniquet with, there needs to be a constant pressure to stop the bleeding," Daniel explained, having somewhat of a medical knowledge due to the gruesome television he watched when his mother wasn't home as well as the odd violent comic book. Max, Lucas, and Dustin all ran outside to look for something, but Daniel, Steve, and Heather, obviously, stayed put.

"I don't feel it anymore," Heather sighed, her voice eerily calm as beads of sweat ran down her face.

Steve shook his head, muttering to himself, "She's going into shock. We need to get you to a hospital. Come on."

The kids ran back in, Max holding a long stick and practically throwing it at Steve. Out of breath, she said, "That should work, right?"

A tear slid down Daniel's cheek. Seeing his sister like this was too much, his breathing was ragged and he thinks he might be going into shock, too. He couldn't, he needed to stay strong. He watched as Steve tied up the wound and picked Heather up bridal style. Her head was lolling, but the last thing she should do was go to sleep. She had already lost so much blood, there was no knowing she was going to come back. Steve seemed to realize this as he propped her head up against his chest, muttering things to her that no one else could hear.

"Shut up, Harrington," Heather gasped, her voice out of breath and pants following her words, "I won't go to sleep or some shit."

"Even bleeding out you're still you," Steve smiled endearingly at the girl as they began to make their way back to Steve's car. He refrained from saying anything more to her before he turned back to the kids, "Hey, find out where Mike and Will are. I'm gonna take Heather to the hospital but I wanna drop you guys off first."

"Don't, I won't leave them," Heather mumbled, leaning into Steve, "Won't leave Daniel."

"Heather, if we don't get you to a hospital on time you could lose your leg or some shit like that," Steve tried to convince her, but she shook her head.

Heather, ever persistent, argued, "You drop me off at the hospital I will fucking crawl to wherever the kids are."

Daniel sighed standing next to where his sister's head rested as they walked. "Heather, I know you don't wanna leave, but you need to. We'll carry out this mess of a plan on our own, what matters is you getting the help you need. We need to call mom, she'll take care of you. I need to know I'm gonna see you again."