You're Perfect

*Self harm triggering*

Noah's Pov
I was sat on our bed, scrolling through Netflix on my laptop as I was waiting for Richelle to join me. Ah, Richelle. My one and only. My love. My life. She was my everything, I didn't know what I'd do without her.

A smile tugged at my lips at the thought of her. We'd recently moved in together, but the apartment was still a mess. Paint everywhere, lights not working, cheap furniture.....but it was ours. And it was everything I'd ever wanted; to share a home with the one I loved.

My ears picked up the noise of the door to our bedroom eerily creaking open. I turned my head with a smile in anticipation to see my girl. She appeared, but my smile soon disappeared and I placed my laptop to one side as she slowly walked in, her face as pale as a ghost's.

"Baby, is everything okay?" I asked worriedly, standing up to walk towards her.

"I...I...I have to tell you something," she replied, her voice shaking with each word.

Tears formed in her sad eyes as she looked at me. Oh Richelle....what was wrong? I looked at her, concerned. My hands went to take hold of hers, but she pulled back. She was shaking.

"Sweetheart what's the matter? Please baby," I said softly, gently pulling her into a hug.

I could almost feel how fast her heart was beating. She was so scared. I pulled back, giving her a chance to speak. But she didn't speak. Instead, she slowly lifted her wrists upwards, towards my sight.

Richelle...she...she'd cut. Bad. They were bleeding. There were scars too. How long had she been doing this for? Why had she done this? Had I done something? Oh gosh, what if this was my fault.

"I can't stop them from bleeding," she tried to say calmly, but her voice was shaking.

Gently, I took hold of her hands and led her into the kitchen. I picked her up and placed her on the counter, kissing her hands before I let go.

Looking around, I saw the first aid cupboard. Thank goodness we had that. I quickly opened the door and pulled out the kit. I grabbed the bandages and the small pieces of cloth.

Swiftly, I walked over to the sink without saying a word. I damped the cloth and came back to Richelle. My poor girl. I placed the pieces of cloth on each of her wrists and she winced pain a little. I put them on for about a minute, and then began to bandage them up.

Once I was done, I looked into her gorgeous eyes and gently brought her down and back into my arms. I carried her to our bedroom where I sat her down on the bed. I placed a soft kiss onto her temple before pulling her onto my lap.

Delicately, I ran my fingers through her gorgeous blond locks, massaging her head. She must've been so tired.

"Angel," I tenderly whispered into her hair, "why did you do that?"

There was a pause. Silence filled the room. I was beginning to think that I shouldn't have asked.

"I just....I....it sounds stupid," she replied, sniffing a little.

"Baby, nothing that you say will sound stupid. I promise you. Please, I need to know what's causing you pain."

She nervously sighed before saying, "Sometimes I just....I just don't feel happy. I feel like I hate myself. I feel like I constantly annoy you and that I'm just waiting for the day that you're going to say that we're over. I'm not good enough for you, Noah."

I gave her a small squeeze before turning her around to place a kiss on her lips.

"You are so gorgeous. You're beautiful inside and out. I love you so much, I should be the one annoying you. I'm never going to break up with you because then I would be unhappy too. Richelle, you're more than I deserve. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. So baby, please stop doing this to yourself. I can help you if you want. Whenever you feel like doing it, come straight to me and tell me, or call me if I'm not here. Or you can see a therapist if you want to, but you don't have to. Whatever you want, okay? This is about you. I'm sorry that you don't see yourself the way I see you Richelle. You're perfect."