Dance Captain

*Based in season 5 where Noah has been announced as dance captain*

Richelle's Pov
Did I just hear that right? No, I couldn't have. I was sure to be dance captain, not Noah!

My face dropped and my eyes stared at my two studio heads for a moment. Huge smiles beamed on their faces as they looked surprised. I could hear everyone congratulating Noah. Even Piper did. It....it wasn't fair!

Noah wasn't even in the running! I was given the role of dance captain! I had worked my whole dance life to become dance captain and for what, a few weeks? That was not fair, not fair at all! I mean, Emily practically dangled a carrot in front of me and snatched it away.

I felt a lump in my throat and my eyes began to sting with tears. Tears of anger? Tears of sadness? I couldn't tell. I just knew I had to get out of there before someone saw me cry.

Quickly, I briskly walked out of the room, slowly shaking my head. I'd let myself down, I'd let my teammates down, but most importantly, I'd let Emily down. I knew I'd feet an earful from her about why I still wasn't ready to be dance captain. Great.

My hand felt for the bench outside of TNS East's old rehearsal room and gently sat down on it. I called it Emily's room and TNS West's old rehearsal room Michelle's, even though we all rehearsed in it now. Oh why did we have to merge? I could've still been dance captain if we hadn't!

Hot tears began to stream down my face like a waterfall as I frustrated and scolded myself. I should've tried harder! I should've convinced them harder! I shouldn't have let Piper get to me.

I felt myself stand up and punch the wall in anger. I was so mad!

"Now, now, don't hurt yourself," a voice came from behind.

Quickly, I turned around to see the person I least wanted to see; Noah.

"What do you want?" I asked coldly, giving him a scary scowl.

He walked closer to me and placed his hand on my shoulder. His hand was so much bigger than mine. He looked at me with sympathy, a look that I couldn't hate him for.

I suddenly remembered that I had tears running down my cheeks. Embarrassed, I shrugged him off and turned away, trying to wipe them away without him noticing.

"Richelle," he began, I felt his eyes stick to me, "I wanted to apologise."

I stopped.

"What?"

"I'm really sorry that I was chosen as dance captain. I know how much it meant to you. I voted for you...."

I smiled to myself, still not facing him. He voted for me? I didn't really think anyone would've voted for me after everything that happened.

"Thanks," I mumbled, not wanting to sound too grateful.

I felt his hand on my shoulder once again, although this time he turned me around to face him. "That's why I'm going to step down and let you take my spot."

"No!" I blurted out, surprising myself. "Noah, you earned this spot okay, don't feel bad."

"But it's been your dream since J-troupe to be dance captain! I can't take that away from you!"

"And I can't take it away from you. As much as I want to be dance captain, I can't take it away from you, Noah. I mean, I wish it was me, but think about it; you're leaving a legacy. You're the first male dance captain! Do you want that to last for a whole season or five minutes?"

A grin appeared on his face as he began talking again, "Ah, Richelle, still as stubborn as ever. Even when I offer to you what you want most, your kind nature comes in."

He had confused me a little. Was I kind? Did I show it? Shoot.

"Listen, how about this; I say to Emily and Michelle that we should be co-captains. If they say no, I'll step down and let whoever out of you and Piper won the most votes be dance captain. How's that?"

"You'd that for me?" I asked, a little more confused as we weren't really friends anymore.

"I don't see why not. You're an amazing dancer Richelle, and you've already proven that you're a good captain."

As smile crept up onto my face and I felt myself wrap my arms around him. "Thanks, Noah. You're the best- but don't tell anyone I said that."

He just chuckled as we walked back to studio A.