We stopped before a bar, the door cracked open. "Telma's bar." I read aloud to Link. He yipped and entered the bar happily. I followed him and saw spirits floating in front of him. I sat and watched Link wag his tail happily. "That's Ilia isn't it?" I murmured, Midna nodding at me. They had found a prince and he was hurt. We walked to a cluster of spirits, Midna informed me they were soldiers. We looked on the map and saw an area marked, I pulled out Link's map and marked it. "So we go back out, Link." I said quietly. This entire realm felt of silence, like if you talked you'd be suffocated alive. I followed Link out of Castle Town and to where the map was marked.

We stopped before a bridge, which was coated with some odd smelling liquid. We thought nothing of it as we crossed, but something clicked inside of Midna. "Uh, what's that smell?" She asked looking at us concerned. We were halfway, and a moblin archer stood in front of us. He pulled an arrow that was on fire and shot it up. My eyes followed the arrow as it hit right on the liquid. Oil. That's what it was. I looked at Link with wide eyes as the archer shot the other side.

Flames began to consume the bridge. "Link! What do we do?!" Midna panicked, Link looking around. He moved a box to the edge and nodded to the edge. "No, we are not." I said quickly. "I can't swim Link." Link bit into my arm, gently of course, and dragged me off the side. I shook my head quickly. "Link I can't swim!" I shrieked as he threw me off. I flailed around in air. Looking down I saw the water coming closer and closer to me, my fear building up.

I hit the water and thrashed around attempting to swim. My pendant began to glow as I thrashed. I grabbed it and began to sink down. I looked up panicked. Something odd began to happen, I could suddenly breath. My hands began to propel me up, webs forming between each finger. My boots seemed to have fins now. I began to swim upwards, calming down. My pendant ceased its light as I broke the surface. Link stood on the edge of the water. He saw me and howled happily. I swam towards him and crawled onto the bank. Link sniffed me as everything went back to normal. "(Y/n). What happened?" Midna asked as my webbed fingers suddenly retracted the extra skin. I grabbed my hand and rubbed it. "I don't know." I whispered and looked at my boots. The fins seemed to have vanished as well.

Midna blinked and then looked at my pendant. She smiled and flew off of Link. Midna tapped the pendant and sighed. "I think I know what your pendant is (Y/n). It's a charm pendant. It burns you to take off because it believes something dangerous will happen to you. Your pendant is supposed to protect you from anything that can put your life...

"In jeopardy (Y/n)." Midna seemed to rise up and change forms. To a shadow figure with grey-yellow eyes. "If you're ever in danger, this will save you. No matter what." He murmured seeming to smile. I nodded taking it and putting it on myself. Why can't I see myself? I traced over the decorations and hugged him. "Thank you, this world is suffocating. I can feel everything that's been hurting me melt away." It was true. All the fear and anger I had felt was melting away. I felt like myself again. He smiled and clasped his hand around it. "If you're ever in trouble, this will send me a distress signal and show me what's happening. Then I can act upon it. It's simple magic, sometimes it'll change your form. Other times it will keep you out of things. Protection charms can foresee the near future of what will probably happen. If it can prevent it, it will. Trust this pendant, don't ever question what it does because in the end it's me. It'll always be me (Y/n)." He whispered and began to fade.

Midna smiled at me. I blinked quickly as she sat back on Link. "That's all I know about charm pendants. I think the spirit is up there, so let's go look around how to get the water back into the lake." I think I just missed some important things...

Link and I walked over to a house. A spirit resides outside of it. "Shouldn't lakes have, I dunno, more water?" He muttered and looked across. "A customer?" Link and I looked to see a monster. "Nope!" He said and ran inside. Link and I ran at the monster. It was a smaller shadow being. It grabbed a whistle for the hawk and blew. A large bird-like creature flew down from the skies. The shadow being hopped on and the bird began to attack us. Link leaped up and bit it harshly. It dropped the owner and I killed it with a snarl. Midna leaped upon the bird. "I'm your master now." She snapped. Midna landed it and I crawled onto the bird. Link was picked up by the talons and we soared up river.

We were dropped off by the bird, I shivered softly. "I knew it was cold!" Midna said as we traveled alongside the riverbed. "I didn't expect it to be freezing." We arrived at the mouth and found that there was ice. "The water froze over." I whispered looking up. Midna nodded slowly and we began the climb up.

When we walked into the heart and found spirits below us. "That's the entire Zora tribe." Midna whispered looking at me. "We need to unthaw them so we can get to the spirit, maybe they'll pay us for helping." I blinked. "But, haven't you said they can't see us?" Midna nodded. "Good point." Midna thought for a moment before smiling. "Hey, let's go get something to unthaw them. (Y/n) can you wait here?" I nodded and shivered a bit, walking over to the side. Link and Midna vanished and I was left standing. As I exhaled my breath came out in white puffs. I sat down and shivered. "Fuck it's cold." I whispered. Midna and Link came back hauling a large volcano rock that was red hot. She dropped it onto the ice and it warmed up the place instantly. I smiled softly and stood. Link sat in the water paddling and panting happily. "Cute puppy." He glared at me. I laughed and looked around finding the Zora had clambered onto the edge. Link, Midna and I turned to leave. "Wait!" I turned and gasped, my eyes wide.

There was a large Zora, floating in mid air. "Thank you for saving my people, I am Retula, former queen and elder of this tribe. I was killed in front of my people to instill fear." She said. "But I can sense all of you are much more than you seem. Please, save my son and I shall reward you with the ability to be underwater for long periods of time." Midna frowned. "I'm sorry to say this, but we didn't do it for you." Retula nodded. "I know this, your intentions are to retrieve the dark power. That will be impossible without helping me first." I smiled and looked at her.

"We'll help, we are heroes after all."

___________________________________
Sup hoes. I have a question or two.
What's your opinion on this book so far?
Is the pace I'm setting (Y/n) and Link's relationship alright?
Are the flashbacks alright?
Anything I can improve upon?

That's all, I'll be reading and responding to comments.