First Day

So sorry about the lack of Keefe. He will be in the next chapter.

"Good morning, sleepyhead!" Grady said as I slouched into the kitchen the next morning.

"Mmmmm" I mumbled in reply.

"Not a morning person, huh?" Grady asked.

I nodded. I was eating breakfast when Edaline walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Sophie!" She said. "We won't be able to drive you to school in the mornings, so you'll have to ride the bus. The bus stop is half a block away, so you don't have to hurry. But you should get going as soon as you can."

I nodded, finished my breakfast, and dashed to feed Iggy and get dressed. I packed up my bag and ran a brush through my hair before dashing back downstairs.

"Have a great day, Sophie!" Edaline called from the kitchen. "I'll see you when you get home."

"Bye Edaline! Bye Grady!" I yelled as I ran out of the house. I closed the door and walked down the street to the bus stop. The morning air was chilly and I shivered as I waited. About a minute later a boy with strawberry blonde hair walked up.

" Hello! I haven't seen you around here before. Are you new?" He asked.

"Um, yeah. I'm Sophie." I replied.

"Oh, you're the one Aunt Edaline and Uncle Grady adopted!" He said. "I'm Dex, their nephew."

"Cool! So, you're my cousin now?" I asked.

"Well there's me, then there's the triplets." He responded.

"Wait. Triplets?" I asked.

"Yep," he grinned "you have a large family now."

"That's so cool!" I said. I looked at him. He obviously went to the same school I did, because he was wearing the same dorky uniform. Minus the skirt and flats of course.

"What level are you in?" He asked. "Wait. Sorry. Amber obviously." He said looking at my uniform.

"You too?" I asked.

"Yep."

The bus pulled up and we got on. I was waking down the aisle towards the back, when a girl with curly brown hair stuck her foot out and tripped me. Being the naturally clumsy girl that I am, I tripped and fell. With everyone watching.

Great going, Sophie. First day and you're already tripping in front of everyone.

I got up, dusted myself off, and gave the girl the best death glare I had, which was pretty powerful.

"Don't mind her." Said a girl with wild blonde hair. "Here, sit by me."

Dex and I slid into the seat next to her.

"I'm Marella." The girl said. "You must be new."

"Yep. I'm Sophie." I said. "Who was that?"

"That was Stina. She likes to mess with everyone." Said Dex.

Marella grinned at me.

"Dex and I have a competition to see who can prank Stina the most. Do you want in?" She asked.

"Yes! Vengeance will be mine!" I laughed.

Dex and Marella burst into giggles. The bus stopped again and two more people got on. They were a boy and a girl, both with dark hair and familiar looking teal eyes. Then I realized...

"Those are Mr. Alden's kids." I said quietly.

"Yep. Wonderboy and Princess Prettypants. The legendary too-good-for-you Vacker family." Dex replied.

Marella laughed and I smiled. I didn't see what could be so bad about the Vackers though. I mean nobody is THAT bad. Except Stina. She is just evil.

The Vackers sat down near the front of the bus, and we kept driving. We made it to school, and I followed Dex and Marella to the cafeteria.

"Why are we here?" I asked Dex.

"Monday morning assembly" he replied.

A tall lady walked out onto the stage in the front of the room.

"Who's that" I whispered.

"Principal Alina." Replied Marella.

"Good morning students. As you all know midtems are coming up, so I expect you to be studying and working hard. Also, we have a new student this morning. Welcome, Sophie Foster."

Dozens of eyes found me, and I stared at the floor.

"Well, that wraps up our morning announcements. Have a marvelous Monday!" Dex cringed.

I followed Dex to the amber level lockers. I took my locker number out of my bag and found said locker, which was near Dex, Marcella, and a small hyper boy named Jensi.

"Whatclassdoyouhavefirst?" Jensi asked.

"Ummm..." I looked at my schedule. "Advanced chemistry." Yikes. I was terrible at chemistry. At my last school, I managed to knock over every shelf of lab equipment in a chain reaction. Which just happened to be what we were studying. I got detention for pointing that out.

"HereI'llshowyoutheway" Jensi said.

I followed him through the twisting hallways to the chemistry lab.

"Bye Jensi!" I yelled. He disappeared through the crowded hallway.

I walked into the classroom and dropped into the only empty seat. I took out my notebook.

"Good morning class." Said a severe looking woman. "For those of you who are new, I'm Ms. Galvin. Today we will be studying color changing reactions."

Color changing. That wasn"t so bad. I didn't think I could blow that up.

Boy, was I wrong.

"Aaaaaaah!" Ms. Galvin screamed.

I had somehow managed to catch her pants on fire.

Once she got it put out, she checked for burns. She got lucky, and was (somehow) perfectly fine. My hands were not so lucky.

Ms. Galvin sighed.

"It's not your fault Sophie." She said.

I sighed in relief. I somehow managed to get out of that.

"You should got to the nurse for your hands." She said, glancing down.

Don't cry Sophie. Don't cry.

I nodded and walked out of the classroom. As I went I saw Stina snicker and Biana stare at me with pity.

I wandered around the halls for a while before realizing that I was lost.

"Hello there! You look lost." Said a voice from behind me.

I spun around to find myself facing a pair of teal eyes.

...

aaaah I'm sorry it was following the original story too much

Keefe will be in the next chapters