Since then, I mostly only spoke to tomboys who wouldn’t disturb me with their giggles and to girls who didn’t have a crush on me, which were still of course, tomboys.

I didn’t understand girls but I also didn’t want Kara to be like them. Probably crushing on me and then having some dumb fantasies; I knew girls were weird like that and I didn’t want to get tired of Kara, so avoiding her for years was the best option.

I would still see her everyday anyway so it wasn’t like she could run away or something. Now though, things were different. She was fast growing into a woman. One that made men turn their heads and suck in a deep breath. A beautiful woman and she was as oblivious as ever.

Maybe she had never been in a serious relationship before. I focused on my work as my mind occasionally drifted to the girl.

I made sure to call my fashion stylist and ask her to deliver one of her best designs for Kara, describing what it should look like.
Once I was through, I left for my home. Yes it was home and not just house, because Kara was there.

I didn’t want to anticipate it but I was giddy! I couldn’t stop myself from the thought of her and I felt this fluttery feeling fill my whole body as if she had touched me. Goodness!

I, Stephano Alfonsi, having a fluttery feeling in my manly stomach because of a girl? I was acting like a micío.

It even surprised my secretary, a forty three year old woman —who seldom came into my office as per my command — when she greeted me today and the sides of my lips curled up into a small smile. I myself was surprised.

Kara.

She did this to me without even trying. I didn’t struggle to do anything when she was around. Breathing came easily whenever she was around; I slept easily like a baby whenever I thought about her. Only Kara could do this.

Even my mother couldn’t get me to smile when I was growing up, because I grew up like a bitter teenager. She would try her best but no, I would remain rigid, unsmiling and uncaring even if I was hurting those around me.

I still couldn’t believe how satisfyingly I had taken care of myself by just thinking about Kara and knowing she was around but I couldn’t have access to her had spurred that excitement. I remember that I muttered her name and even imagined her strawberry scent waft through my nostrils before flooding my hand and jerking around.

I cleared my head. I didn’t want to get uncomfortable all day with tightness in my pants so I concluded that thinking about her wasn’t really a good idea.

“Welcome Sir.” My gardener greeted with a flashing smile when my driver parked the car and I nodded with my briefcase in my hand, alighting as I entered my house. I looked around and no one was around.

Today was Thursday and though I used to be extra tense because of the seriousness that naturally came with the wrapping of the week, this was an exception.

I didn’t ignore anyone’s greeting like I was used to at work. Kara was also behind that and she didn’t even know. I went in and changed my clothes.

Taking a shower, I decided to have desert before resting for a while and with that, I went for my shower.

~°~

Kara’s POV

*

           “I can’t believe it!” My best-friend screamed.

She literally jumped around her room like a little girl, beaming. I watched as her artificial dark brown locks got all over the screen of the phone before she set it down once again and took calm short breaths in, looking at me with a big smile as if her boyfriend just proposed to her.