Saving Geek

Guinevere and Tsuade got off the stairs and Guinevere teleported them to the room nearest the stairway. There, they saw a Charmander, the Squirtle from a few hours (or was it days?) ago, and a Treecko head up the stairs. Cautiously, Guinevere and Tsuade followed, but they stayed at where they were before. The Squirtle looked injured, like a toy that got ran over by a monster truck. 

The three that went up had smiles and high hopes on their way up the stairs, but their smiles went to frowns and their hopes had plummeted down the spikes of sorrow when they saw only the Pikachu and not both Geek and the Pikachu. The Charmander went up, left the Squirtle and the Treecko and went to the Pikachu. Even though Guinevere nor Tsuade saw it, the Charmander gave a big smile. The Pikachu just turned his head away from the Charmander. It couldn't help him from what happened with Geek.

The Charmander turned back to the Treecko and Squirtle and gave a simple shrug. Guinevere then heard, not one, not two, but three Haunters and a Gengar coming up the stairs. The Gengar was so out of shape, he could make a cloud seem skinny. By now, Guinevere knew it was kind of too late to hide again, so the gals squeezed themselves as hard they can against the wall in order to let them by. 

One of the Haunters looked at them and, in a toughly gruff voice, "What are ya lookin' at?" When the three Haunters and the Gengar got on top, the group had a conversation that had something about who sent the Gengar and the Haunters and a beam across the ocean.

Guinevere and Tsuade couldn't see the beam, since the door was blocking the way, but they imagined a beam on the horizon of the ocean. It didn't make any sense to them, but they headed down the stairs and ran back to their raft. Thankfully, the ocean was not resting, and it gave them the push to get their raft out from the shoreline.

"Shouldn't we head back?" Tsuade asked. "My mom must be really worried that I am gone." "We are in the unknown, Tsuade." Guinevere said, rowing as hard and as fast as she can. "There's no way to go, but forward. Besides, we need to save Geek before that Zoroark does anything bad to him." 

Tsuade sat down. Guinevere was right. There was no way back in the unknown. There's only one way: forward.