Nine

Everything felt like it was in slow motion for Addison.

She was falling. She knew that. But she didn't know how she hadn't hit the bottom of the well by now. She just kept falling and falling and falling.

Until everything froze.

And she wasn't in a well anymore.

She was on solid ground. Looking around, it looked completely different than her home. It was a small town, at least, she thought it was.

There were so many people in odd clothing.

And everything didn't look as it normally would. Now, this evoked one thought into her mind.

Is this the future?

She didn't know how she knew this, but she just did.

It's almost like she was in a story.

She would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous or scared. Cause it wasn't any secret that she was.

I mean, you'd be pretty scared if you were falling down a well and ended up in a completely different timeline, too.

Addison didn't even know where to go from here, but she had the feeling to go where her gut told her.

So that's what she did.

💙

She didn't know how long she had been walking around, but she managed to find some food and water while she was at it.

By nightfall, she had found shelter in an empty alleyway between two tall buildings. And as Addison observed, she noticed some weird fonted art on the wall. 

Addison shivered as it started to pour down rain like the angels in the sky were dumping down buckets of God's tears.

Why is he sad? She wondered to herself.

Maybe it was because the universe was in disarray. Or maybe it was because she was upset, too.

She didn't know. Maybe God wasn't the reason the rain fell. Who knows anymore?

Addison sighed and brought her knees up to her chest and layed her head down. She listened to the drip-drop of each water droplet.

It slowly, but surely, lulled her to sleep.

And from the shadows, a young, short blonde haired girl, watched her. She watched and hoped Addison wouldn't die.

After all, she needed her alive.

She needed them all alive.

She was the only one left no one knew about. She was the one that they all forgot. She was the one who knew everything.

She knew you.

Addison sat up suddenly without warning, making the young girl back into the shadows a bit more.

Addison had a nightmare.

She was in a room with 9 others.

5 girls and 3 boys.

They all died off one by one. Kinda like a murder mystery.

One was doing it but she didn't know who. Until, that is, they were the only two left.

And that's when she woke up, but she couldn't remember what the person looked like.

It certainly was odd, indeed.

The young girl in the shadows tried backing up more but, ultimately failed, and tripped over an empty foam cup behind her.

She let out a small scream as she fell.

Addison jerked her head in the direction of the scream and fear rose up into her throat. She gulped and huddled her way further into the box she was in.

She wasn't going to check. Nuh-uh, no way.

Even if she did, and whoever screamed was friendly, there could be someone else or an animal or something else dangerous.

She wasn't risking anything.

The young girl stood up and quickly scrambled off into the night, leaving a terrified Addison behind.

Oh, how has this come to be? Why has this come to be? Will it ever be normal again?

Or would everything be different, once and for all? 

Addison scooted to the edge of the box and looked up at the stars, not caring about the drops of rain splashing on her face. She watched as a shooting star flew across the sky.

And she made a wish.

She made a wish to go back home.

She wanted to hug her sister. She wanted to smell the fresh bread of the bakery.

She wanted so, so much to just go home. She was homesick, very, very homesick.

Addison crawled out of the box and walked as the rain fell upon her.

She could care less if she got sick. She just needed to find her sister. If she was here, at least.

And maybe she was. Halley did disappear without a trace, after all. And plus, she disappeared right after Halley.

Turning many corners and streets, she eventually found a street that lead to a road.

Her gut told her to follow it. She felt as if someone was waiting for her.

And indeed, there was.

Remember that young girl?

She was waiting for Addison. She knew she would come to her.

She knew everything, remember?

The young girl by the name of Jade smiled up at the sky.

And made a wish that would eventually, after loads of hardships, come true.