Chapter 4 - Smoke away

The lady was wearing a leather jacket paired with a dirty black top, paired with ripped jeans. She puffed out hoops of smoke as they contaminated the air. The little puffs of clouds drifted out of the tree house and into the open air. Some residual smoke hung in the air, shifting like ghosts in the breeze. It obscured the tree house like fog in an alley on a humid night.  "I- I'm Alice.. I ran away." I introduced myself. She guts up sluggishly and inspects me up and down, as if I was an unwanted birthday gift. "That sucks.. Especially when you can't even support yourself." She scoffed crossing her arms. "Umm. okay?" I replied, not knowing what this conversation would lead to. "I'm Pearl. Chief of 'Down and Under'." She introduced her self. "Down and Under?" I muttered sounding rather confused. She sits and sits back down onto the old broken chair. " 'Down and Under' is a gang. They are a group of people that do all kinds of malicious stuff. Mainly assassination.."She explains. "Oh.." I answer sounding like a moron. "If you want to live and not be hunted down, I suggest you join us. You get real food and a shelter." She continued n and on about her little gang. "Okay! I'll join." I yell fed up of hearing her over exaggerated description of the gang. She smirks and puts her hand out. "Welcome to the gang.. Weakling.." She says and then snickers.

She jumps off of the balcony of the tree house and signals me to jump down. I build all my courage up and look down. I squint my eyes and jump. "Wow... If you're that scared, you won't make it at my facility.."Pearl says. Her ginger hair swayed in the gush of wind, which framed her pale, yet beautiful complexion. She grabs my hand and starts running briskly. I was only just able to manage to catch up to her speed. Pearl halted and looked up at a small cabin that was made of wood and had leaves caging it. "Here.." She says opening the door, making it creak. I was quite shocked by the humble aura of the outside of the house, but I put that to the otherside of my thoughts and stepped in. "What the hell!" I exclaimed looking around. It was so much more different and was not what I was expecting..