Chapter 1 - On the run

Prostrate, dull clothes were being violently shoved into my tarnish, tattered rucksack, which is so dirty, it changed from green to a chocolate-coloured brown. Streams of tears flowed faster than my heartbeat as I packed my bag. The only food I had was leftovers such as: pasta, soup and burgers. I also brought snacks like chips too, because chips are amazing!
I put on a black jacket which had microscopic holes in them. The broad, comfy fur somewhat comforted me. It reminded me of how my auntie would enclose me with her fur blankets, which were as soft as clouds. I then placed my boots on, which were caked in mud and had a pungent smell. It seemed like the world around me had dissipated as I stared longingly at the door, which had many scratch marks on it from all the bottles my mother had smashed. Without hesitation, I swung the door open and ran out, not knowing where my legs would lead me. I stopped by a field that was full of different coloured horses. My thoughts were all about if I should take one, yet somehow, there was one daunting thought in my head that really got to me. "If you're taken back, what will mother do?"

My feet kicked the gate open and I cautiously approached the horse, with a vibrant, red apple in my hand. I put my hand out and it bolted it down. I chuckled at its reaction, as I reached over to stroke it. It felt.. different.... It's fur was thick, coarse yet somewhat soft. It's beautiful chestnut fur glinted, reflecting the rays of sun. I slowly got on the horse and hugged it tight, to reassure it. The only thing I had to figure out now is, how the hell am I going to not fall while riding this? I inspected the horse with great care, to find nothing would be able to help me escape this farm, that had many horses, but they all looked crestfallen.  "Young lady! What on Earth do you think you're doing on my horse!" A low voice bawled. Crap...