Chapter 2 - Part 1

"Ugh." Ian Knight opened his eyes as the vision faded from his mind. He knocked his head back against the wall of the window alcove he was sitting in.

As a Chosen, he'd had countless visions. But none was like the one that had been plaguing him.

Every vision he had ever gotten was crystal clear.

He could see every detail of what would happen. He could bring the vision back as many times as needed in order to get more details. Then he would set out and save his charge.

This vision, however, was making it nearly impossible.

It was as if the vision was being played behind a fogged glass.

And it was driving him crazy.

Ian hopped off the window alcove and trotted into the bathroom while he replayed the vision again in his mind.

When the first vision dropped, Ian couldn't see much from it. Not enough for him to know where to go and who to save. And unlike all the other visions, Ian knew this wasn't something that would occur immediately.

Not even within the month.

Still, it had worried him.

Why was this vision so different? How could he save the woman if he couldn't get all the details?

On top of that, the vision would drop into his mind without Ian consciously bringing it back up. Which wasn't what he was used to.

The first vision of an event would drop without warning, but it was up to him to bring it back for further examination. He could do that whenever he wanted, so he could familiarize himself with the events that would unfold. He could study the dangers he had to watch out for as he set out to change the future and save his charges.

But this fogged-vision? It was as if whoever giving him the vision was afraid Ian would forget about it.

The vision would force its way into his mind every now and then. Though something about the vision got clearer every time, much of the vision remained blurred.

Still, it had taken him over two months to figure out where the accident would happen.

When? Well, he'd always known that instinctively.

After over eight months of seeing the same car accident unfold over and over again, Ian knew it was drawing close.

Real close.

He would have to set out from the compound soon.

Despite that, Ian still hadn't gotten a clear view of the who.

Ian pushed his bangs back from his face to get a better look at the cut he'd gotten on his temple from a job he'd just completed. The wound was barely visible now.

He dropped his hand and watched his hair fall to the side. His thoughts returned to the mystery woman in his vision as he peeled off his clothes and threw them into the laundry basket by the wall.

Even without her long brown hair obscuring her face, Ian wouldn't have been able to see her face. Not with the blurred image.

Thankfully, there didn't seem to be any other car on the road.

It shouldn't be difficult to identify his charge once he got to the scene.

He hadn't failed any of his charges, and he wouldn't fail this one.

Ian stepped into the shower and turned on the water.
There was something special about this one. Ian could sense it in his gut.

And he trusted his instincts. He had to. Things could get tricky when trying to change the future. If he didn't trust his gut when things went wrong—and things often did—he might not be alive.

There was something more to this vision. It wasn't just how different it was. He hadn't felt this way before, not about any of his visions. He couldn't explain it. He just knew.

Just as he knew that if he wanted to get there on time, he'd better get moving.

_________________________________________________________

Book completed! Do vote if you're enjoying the story!! 😬😬