Chapter 21 - Cheater Peter?

Start from the beginning

"Of course I know the baby name nigga! How would I not know my own flesh and blood name? She's as much as my baby as she is yours! Somebody come get the white boy please! Cus this fool trippin for real!" She waved her arms before taking a puff from her cigarette ash falling all over the floor as she ignores it.

"OK. So what's her name then?" I asked knowing she's a terrible liar.

"Her name's Baby. That's what we always call her. Duhhh nigga! Erybody know that kid name baby." She rolled her eyes like she just made an obvious point.

"What a bitch!" I mumbled because of how much her ignorance was making me angry. She must be high, that the only time she talks like this.

"Well Mr. Rich boy, sometimes being a bitch is all a woman's got to hold on to " She then struts towards me rubbing her hands all over her boobs covered by her ratty T-shirt and her hips covered by her jeans shorts, licking her lips which showed her yellow teeth. "No if I had money like you did, I would be a rich bitch." She winked coming closer.

This whole seductive thing she was trying was a total waste of time. Where was she the other night when I was having to count trees.

Her dark caramel skin was pale, she smelled like I don't even know but it wasn't good, her hair was a ratty mop of black curls. She's a curvy woman and was very beautiful the way she carried herself a couple years ago before everything fell apart. Now she looked like a one cent prostitute.

She came closer and pushed me back into the couch, causing something to poke me in the back.

I really don't want to have to get physical with this woman.

I reached behind me and wasn't shocked when I grabbed a syringe and large rubber band.

When I held my arm out to her face and open my hand her face went blank.

She moved back and folded her arms after flicking the still burning cigar on the floor that I had to stamp out before it caught the place on fire.

"Shantel I can't help you if you keep relapsing! You promised me you would get your life on the right path after I sent you to rehab six months ago!" I yelled getting into her face. This entire time she was high, it was a good thing I didn't underestimate her and came right away. She's clearly not in her right mind. "Why are you even living here? I pay for you to go to college and get a good education so you don't end up like your sister! What happened to even the condo I leased for you?" I said looking around the room as I pulled my hair out.

Is it possible to get all your gray hair in one second?

"I need money Bryce!" She looked at me smiling. I should have known since I entered this place that she was out of her mind.

"What happened to the hundred thousand dollars I gave you? The deal was I pay you the money and you disappear out of our lives. Yet you still came back drugged up and I helped you paying to send you to school and rehab and giving you a place to live. I even then set up a bank account with another hundred thousand and told you not to contact me anymore. You agreed. Now you're back playing games. I have a family Shantel and an empire to run, I don't have time for this!" I'm highly pissed.

"I bet you would have time if I called the Atlanta press?"

"Are you threatening me? Do not push me Shantel, I have been nice to you because of the baby and the grief that you have been through. But don't underestimate what I can do." I threatened back even though I would never harm her after everything she's been through, I just needed to continue to keep her quiet for everyone's benefit.

"OK I'll give you all the money you need but you have to promise me when I put you in rehab you will stay the entire time and get clean and then stay clean. You will finish school and then maybe I will give you a job or help you find the one you want. Seriously Shantel, is this how you want Tomar to grow up and remember you? Do you want to die from an overdose before she's even old enough to fully remember you? I promise, once you get clean, you can have visitation with her. Do this for Tomar, Shantel." I pleaded trying to get through to her.