You Left Her?

The next morning, running went as normal. Normal until they reached that same, dark, ivy shrouded corridor as yesterday.

"I'll check it out." Y/N said.

Minho gripped her shoulder and pulled her back. "Y/N, we don't know what's on the other side."

"That's why I need to go." She looked up to her friend with honest eyes.

Resentfully, the keeper of the runners let his hand slip off of the shoulder and fall to his side. He watched cautiously as the girl just barely fit through the corridor. When she made it through, she turned with wide, excited eyes and a smile.

"Minho! You've gotta see this!" She exclaimed.

The runner burst towards the entrance of the corridor in excitement. He questioned as to if he'd fit, but he'd make it work. Hell, he'd climb over if he had to. Whatever was on the other side had to be worth it.

As he came closer to the entrance of the corridor, he could just see a small pool of clear water on the other side and a small grove of trees, the grass green and soft. He couldn't wait to get over there.

And then stone began to rumble. Minho's heart stopped as he looked to the girl on the other side who suddenly stiffened at the noise, face going cold.

"Y/N..." Minho held out his hand, not daring to move into the corridor. She had to make it through because he couldn't risk squeezing through in time. He knew better than to go somewhere in the maze he knew he might not make it out of, regardless of circumstances.

Y/N stepped forwards, but before she could pass into the corridor, stones from either side crashed together. These weren't like the normal maze doors. These just flew together, instantly, giving her no time to escape.

"Y/N?!" Minho screamed from the other side, hoping to hear anything back.

"MINHO?!" Her voice echoed back from over the wall. At least she was still there. "WHAT DO I DO?!"

"Y-YOU'LL BE OK!" He yelled, but didn't say the words with confidence. "YOU CAN FIND A WAY OUT! MEET ME BACK AT THE GLADE!"

"OK!" Y/N called back, in hopes of giving Minho some hope. With her comment, she could hear his footsteps slowly disappear into the distance. Looking around, she knew she had nowhere to go. She was trapped inside a box. It was like the glade, but miniature. If this was some sick joke by the creators, she wasn't impressed.

The only difference was the water in the middle. A small pool of clear, cool water. Y/N stepped inside and plummeted down, almost as if being dragged. She passed through some invisible barrier and dropped onto a concrete floor. Coughing a few times before opening her eyes, she finally stood, gasping at what she saw next.

A group of people in white lab coats. WICKED written across the right shoulder. Y/N snarled. "Let me go back."

"You really want to go back there, Y/N?" A woman coaxed softly.

"My friends—my family are there. Of course I do." Y/N stood, trying to maintain her composure. Maybe this was all just a dream.

"You'll see them soon enough. Come with me, please." The woman held out her hand, eyes warm with truth. Y/N had no other choice but to believe her.

"Minho—will he be ok?" Y/N asked sadly, taking the woman's hand.

"Your running partner? He'll be just fine." She reassured, guiding Y/N deep into the underground facility.

_____

"Where the hell is she?!" Newt hollered out to Minho who sprinted back into the maze, face flushed and lungs devoid of air.

"She got trapped—I couldn't—I told her to meet me back here—"

"You left her, out there, trapped?!" Newt snapped.

"She can get herself out! There was nothing else I could do!" Minho cried, collapsing to the ground.

Newt sat down beside his friend, staring at the maze doors. He already knew she wasn't coming back. If the maze had trapped her like that, it wasn't by chance. The creators, or whoever the hell ran this place, wanted her.

Hours passed, the doors closed, and the sun set. Minho still lay in front of the doors, hoping to hear her voice from the other side. But, deep down, he knew it wasn't coming. Time melded together, and before he knew it, the sun was rising. It's warmth burned at his skin as all it did was remind him of her.

Minho, as the doors began to open, promised himself that he wasn't stopping until he found a way out of this place. He was going to find her. She couldn't be gone. She wasn't gone.