Chapter 14 Dragon Sickness

Chapter 14

Falathiel's POV

The city built of wood floating on the lake beneath me burned as I fought the dragon. I knew Bain was bringing a black arrow to his dad. He just had to get there. Smaug and I had caused quite a bit of damage to each other, he couldn't fly properly because I had torn one of his wings, my neck was bleeding from where he had bitten me several times. "You dare challenge me bowman. Oh, what a pity," I heard Smaug say. Wait, I heard? I decided to deal with that later, as I was about to go after Smaug again he fell, an arrow sticking out of his chest.

The bell tower was knocked over and I saw two humans jump. I grabbed them before they could hit the water. "Relax Bard, it's just me," I said pushing my voice into his head as I placed him and his son on my back as I floated down to the lake to swim to the other people.

"You're the one traveling with the other dwarves," he said. I nodded. I reached the shore and lowered my head, allowing them to walk across my neck to the shore. I saw the other dwarves and they came running when they saw me.

"Thank Durin you're alive lass," Oin said. I bent my head down to him and he placed his hand to my snout. I could still hear. The blonde haired elf walked up to me.

"Prince Legolas," I said still pushing my voice into his head and bowing slightly. "Thank you for healing me. I owe you my life." After some short discussion, we left for the mountain. The dwarves got on my back and I flew them there, hoping the others were still alive. I found it strange that Legolas had not been afraid of my dragon form and neither had the people of Laketown especially since they had just been attacked by a dragon.

Did they not see me or was it something else? The way the prince looked at me, with so much respect made me think it was something else. Maybe that's why they had been outside my cell. No time to dwell on it now, the town had been dwindled to ash and the stubborn dwarf king had reclaimed his home where his whole family had gone mad.

I landed outside the entrance that Smaug had made and everyone got off and I retook my elf form before walking in. There was no one in sight but I could smell them, they were here and alive. "Hello?" the group called out. Bilbo was the first to greet us, telling us we needed to leave, that something was wrong. Fili walked past him to find a room filled with gold and there Thorin stood in the pile, dressed as a king.

Something was clearly wrong with him. "Welcome my sister's sons to Erebor." He threw something to Fili and it was a red ruby. I walked away; I would go back to being nothing in Thorin's eyes now that dragon sickness had taken over. We had just started to make progress. I sat out front watching the people stream into Dale, looking for any shelter from the weather and oncoming winter. Everyone else was looking for the Arkenstone.

"What are you doing out here by yourself?" Thorin asked coming to stand beside me.

"Thinking," I replied.

"We should make safe," Thorin said.

"You made a promise to these people. In two night's time, they'll be the least of your worries, an army of orcs comes down from the north. I can smell them." I turned to look at him. "Let the people of Laketown into the mountain and offer them shelter and protection. Make them your allies not your enemy."

"This gold is our birthright and we had to barter it for clothes and shelter."

"You didn't give anything to get into Laketown, you promised to help them rebuild their lives. It was your grandfather's greed that brought this life of desolation upon them." With that, I walked away. If he remembered what I was he wouldn't want me looking for the stone, I also knew there was no point. I could sense it on the hobbit, our burglar had it. He was doing his job. He was far sneakier than he thought.

I had no intention of telling anyone. Later the front of the mountain was sealed and there was some shouting going on between Kili and Thorin and some of the others. Elves had been moving into Dale all afternoon. This war was going to spill a lot of blood. And for what? Bard had tried to reason with Thorin and it didn't work.

On the morning of the third-day Elves and men stood outside of the mountain and they tried to strike a deal using the Arkenstone but Thorin thought it was a trick and long story short we ended up having war. Dain, Thorin's cousin showed up. It wasn't long before Wereworms and other foul creatures were upon us. I went over the wall and took on my dragon form. I knew the elves and other dwarves weren't fond of dragons but there were far too many even with the dwarves, men, and elves working together for us to win. I burned our enemy, making fire barriers, hoping that soon Thorin would join us. The battle of the five armies had begun.

Silence a Kili love storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें