The One Who Got Away

Start from the beginning

"i mean.... how have you been... since...."

"Since I left Korea or since you left me?"       balik-tanong nya.

Tumigil sya sa paglalakad at umupo sa bench na nadaanan namin. I just followed her.

She heaved a sigh.

"When I left Korea I guess I've been okay. Medyo naging mahirap ang adjustment period, syempre from a trainee all my life to being a normal teen what would you expect di ba? Yung nasanay ako na co-trainees madalas ang nakakasama ko and my daily routine is home-school-practice room-home, then all of a sudden it became home-school-home and I had to be with kids my age, the normal ones may I add. I've been wrapped up to my dream of becoming an idol, nakalimutan kong hindi lahat ng trainee nagtatagumpay. Eh kasi naman eh, I am just one step close, less that two weeks na lang I'll be presented to my dream world. And then with a snap of a finger, I'm thrown back to MVH."

I look at her, she was starring at the ground. I was about to pat her on her back when she speaks again.

"No. Wag kang maawa sakin kasi naging masaya naman ako eh pagkatapos ng lahat. I've been closer to people around me, to those who really matters, my family and friends. I did things I thought I'll never do. Can you imagine, I was able to stay under the sun without worrying that my skin's gonna get burnt?"

"No way! Thought you're allergic to the sun. Haha,"

Noong mga pa bata pa kasi kami, umiiyak sya kapag more than 5 minutes na nabilad sa sikat ng araw.

"Nah! You're crazy."        she slapped me on my shoulder.

"Ouch!"        I exclaimed.        "Namimisikal ka na ngayon ha."        piningot ba naman ang tainga ko.

"Talaga! Haha."        She said as she's playfully continuing slapping my arm.

Tawa nang tawa kami pareho habang sinasalag ko ang mga kamay nya.

"You know what?"        I began opening a convo again as soon as napagod syang paghahampasin ako.

"Wait lang. Hinihingal ako. Haha."        She said while panting.        "What?"

"I knew you'll be okay. I'm sure you'll be."

"You're so sure. "        Humalumbaba sya at tumingin sakin, she still has a smile on her lips pero ang sinabi nya ang nagpawala sa ngiti ko.        "Kaya mo ako iniwan?"

Para akong binuhusan ng malamig na tubig, ni hindi ko na magawang tumingin sa mga mata nya.

"Hindi mo nga lang ako basta iniwan eh, itinapon mo pa lahat ng alaala natin. Sabi mo nga di ba, she's your first."

Napatungo na lang ako. I know she was talking about the interview where I admitted that i'm dating Anja.