Chapter 21

Taylor's POV

"Block number one, check" it was finally the ending of the torturous 72 minutes calculus exam. I grab my bag and join Veronica as we leave the horrid hell hole. Math and calculus being my least favorite subject. I have been wondering about what Veronica has said about Harry wanting to talk, but honestly I'm not sure it's the best idea. He probably has forgotten about wanting to talk or Veronica is just saying that so we are all "buddy, buddy" again because she hates when people fight.

I have to walk a bit faster to keep up with Veronica. I guess she's a had one too many cups if coffee this morning. She's several steps ahead of me and has carried a conversation with herself, considering I'm not quite there to respond. I watch my red converse continue forward as my mind scurries of. I think about how I pass strangers everyday, Harry included in that group... At least now he is. How am I able to walk right past him as if I don't know that he has a fear of cats or his favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip. We pass each other with zero acknowledgement. Not a smile or wave, nothing, it makes me sad, sick really. My eyes continue to watch everything going on around him while my head tries to get my entire body to do the same thing.

I'm almost ready to peel away for the millionth time when Sadie walks up. Sadie. Her awarding winning smile and gorgeous wavy blonde hair come with ease. She walks over in an over sized sweatshirt and black legging that reach half way down her calf. Her feet are covered in Nike running shoes, it's so simply and effortless and yet she's flawless. She's the perfect height for Harry, therefore she fits right under his shoulder like a puzzle piece. I watch her approach with a huge smile as usual, she cracks a joke that Harry finds hilarious. I can tell he builds off of it because her cheeks are high up and more of her pearly white teeth shine through her perfect thin lips. They walk towards the exit, probably to go to a late breakfast/ early lunch out with his arm holding her to his side, tight. Her chin tilted towards him and his down to her. Jealousy hits me, and it hits hard. Really hard, and I just stand there anger, jealousy, and hatred, steaming up. I watch as Harry molds into a stranger figure. I watch some boy who hates cats and loves mint chocolate chip ice cream walk right past me.

---------

HARRY'S POV

I mean I like sadie, a lot. But if I'm being completely honest with myself she's a distraction. From what else, but my feelings for Tay... Taylor. I've been trying to refer to her by her full name. It's sorta hard, bad habits I guess.

I'm always thinking about her, and even though I won't admit it, it kind of hurt me when she stood me up on the whole talk I wanted to have about five days ago. This is mostly because I'm always thinking about her... except when I'm with Sadie.

Sadie takes my twisted thoughts and throws them away. It helps to cope with the pain. I guess that's why I'm so hung up on her. She gets me and I can easily talk to her. I'm able to block out Taylor, which is what she wants.

Sometimes I see her eyes watching us. It's torture for her, she thinks I love Sadie, she thinks I've replaced her.

"Harrrryyyyy, let's go" my fascinating distraction tugs at my hand. She's dressed in some sort of

deep green tank top and jean shorts that obviously had a problem in the wash. She says it's the "style" when I tease her. She's got a cream type of jacket thingy that looks like it was knitted by her grandmother. Which I don't even get. There is no way that thing is even beneficial, it's NOT going to keep you warm. I hope I don't have to do the "do you need" my jacket romantic shit.

In on of the horrid finals concluding we went down to the beach. And right now I'm being dragged to some sort of ice cream parlor on the boardwalk.

Her dirty blonde hair blows backwards from the wind as her flip flops slow her down. She's fun to watch and get to know. She's so careless and free, really doesn't care what anyone thinks, she's so much like me. Each thing out of her mouth makes me laugh. She's 10x more stubborn than Taylor but doesn't take much to heart. And here I go comparing them. I follow behind her admiring her in every way.

"One chocolate with Jimmy's and a mint chocolate chip" she pulls out some money but slam a 20 on the counter giving her a smile, manly because it drives her crazy.

"There called sprinkles," I turn to face her.

"Shut up and eat your ice cream." She reaches for it.

" I will, considering I'm the one that paid for it," my eyes search for a place to sit while my back is turned to her. I hear her thank the man and I think apologize for me, and takes the change. I put my hand behind me searching for her's. She tugs away but I grip her wrist tighter and pull her up to my side. She doesn't fight it. She mutters something under her breath and I can only imagine what it was.

I find a bench and sit us down.

"So Veronica texted me, " my eyes look up at her and met her green ones. " They are um gonna meet up with us," "I that's okay with you" she adds. I've told her everything about taylor. Therefore she knows she's walking on thin ice, and with Veronica comes Taylor.

"Um yea, no that's fine." I lie to her and myself.

"you're sure?" She raises an eyebrow.

"I mean yea I don't really care." I swear if I was ponocio my fucking nose would be three feet out from my actually face.

She returns to her cracked up falling apart phone.

"Doesn't matter, Veronica doesn't feel good." sadie lifts her head up finishing her ice cream.

"Let's go play some games." She smiles flashing her perfect teeth.

"Whatever you want princess." I return with a smirk.

"No harry, you aren't funny. I'm not a princess," she glares.

"My apologizes your highness," I lit her right back on fire.

She come blazing right back at me, "okay perfect, romantic boyfriend lets go skip, and hold hands, and win me big pink monkeys, and take couple pictures, and-" I cut her off

"Don't you have some tea party to attend, you annoying princess." I jab back.

"Oh but I much rather you show off your abs at the hammer thingy game and win me lots of teddy bears." I turn to face her as she continues to fantasize. I smile down at her full of amusement. I lean down and kiss her, the only way I know how to shut her up.

When I look up it's my brown eyed beauty staring at me, us.

"Sadie is there any way you and V tried to protect me and Taylor from seeing each other and decided not to meet up, but didn't think it out and now she's looking at us right now?"

"Pssst no," She follows my eyes "okay yea, I'm really sorry. Me and Veronica thought that it would be good if you guys made up, but she started to second guess if you guys were ready. But we were both already here with the two of you sooo... Here we are. I'm sorry, we should have thought this out more," Sadie gives me an apologetic squinty eyed smile. And I don't know why but I can't help but smile back.