Chapter 2

"Anne do you need help with that?" I shuffle to the kitchen where Harry's mom is struggling with pots and pans. I grab several putting them in their places. As I do so, Gemma comes storming down the stairs.

" Mum I need to go to the mall Forever 21 catalog is calling my name." Gemma whines while trying to persuade her mother.

" Sorry love. I'm busy today." Anne avoids eye contact with her "hopeless" daughter

"I'll take you Gemma, I need to go there anyway." She smiles then darts to her room to get dressed for the mall trip. As I wait I hear Harry singing one of his favorite songs on full volume. He crosses paths with Gemma and enters the kitchen.

"Hey Taylor" he says then repeats himself realizing I heard him singing. " You didn't-"

"I did" I interrupt then giggle. Harry's cheeks turn a flaming red while we make small talk. After 30 minutes Gemma is ready and we head out.

Within 5 minutes at the mall Gemma has spotted 3 "popular" boys and the annoying perfect popular girl clique. Gemma informs me of who is nice mean annoying etc. She squeals and hides behind me at one point she explains her crush is nearby. We make our way in and out of stores giggling and laughing. I've known Gemma all my life. She's become more of a younger sister to me than a neighbor. Same goes for Harry, like a brother. Gemma begins to get tired so we decide to head to the food court. We grab a bite from Taco Bell then decide to head out.

I open the car turn the heat on and play the radio. Gemma and I sit in silence for a part of of the ride home.

"Taylor?" Gemma asks like she's been debating on talking to me.

"Yes" I arch my eyebrow up in confusion.

Gemma sucks in a sharp breathe; "Do you love my brother"

I slam on the brakes mid way down the neighbor. I nearly choke out the words "WHAT?"

"Do you love Harry?" Gemma repeats herself.

"Gemma, I have, I have a boyfriend." I stutter in complete shock. " Harry and I are friends nothing more" I correct her.

" Yea I suppose." Gemma shrugs playing with her fingers. I change the awkward topic with discussing the mall trip. The conversation continues all the way home. Thank God.

"Oh My Gosh did you see that dress, UGLY" Gemma squeals as we burst through the door laughing. Each carrying several shopping bags.Harry and Anne are in the kitchen staring at a piece of paper.

"Successful trip. Yeah?"Harry grins. I nod as I watch a tear roll down Anne's face. Harry notices my confused looked.

"I got in, Im on the X factor" Harry grin