21. Caught

...

21.

Eventually Ashton and I fell back sleep after our little second round of fun that night. In the morning Tommy woke us up by rolling Harry's toy trucks on our backs. He hadn't noticed our naked bodies nor did he say anything about it, which I was thankful for. We shooed him out so we could get dressed and it took a while. Bribing him with candy was the easiest way to get him out.

Ashton quickly put on a pair of discarded boxers that layed on the floor and a t-shirt from his suitcase - which he hasn't unpacked yet. I waited until he left to get dressed which Ashton thought was stupid because 'he's already seen me naked so what's the point in hiding?'. His words -not exactly though- not mine. When he shut the door of the bedroom I stayed in bed for a second, making sure he wasn't going to peek in or anything. When I heard his footsteps going down the stairs thats when I got up.

I hurried over to my own suitcase, picking up the clothing on the floor first. I picked out a pair of black leggings and one of Ashton's shirts. (No I didn't sneak over to his suitcase.) (Ok maybe I did.)

I opened the door and made my way down the stairs. In the living room Lauren was sitting on the couch in her pajamas watching tv. Anne was sitting in the kitchen with a cup of coffee and newspaper in her hands. I smiled politetly at her and sat down in the chair in front of her.

She looked up from the article she was reading and winked at me, taking a sip of coffee and flicking her eyes towards the kitchen. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked over where she wanted me to, seeing Ashton cooking something over the stove. "Heard you guys last night." she whispered over to me. My eyes widened in fear of what she was going to say.

"I hope you used protection." she flicked the paper to get it to stand up so she could read the top article. I was surprised by what she had confronted. I thought we weren't that loud, but I did know we were the slightest bit loud. I was speechless, I didn't know what to say. "Um, sorry?" I wasn't really sure what to say. I guess what I said was funny to her because she just laughed really loud. I see where Ashton gets the loud laugh from.

"It's fine darling, I'm just a little annoyed that you kept me up all night. Teenagers will be teenagers." the last bit she mumbled to herself but I caught it.

"Mom where are the plates?" Ashton called from the kitchen. His was reaching into a cabinet and looking over his shoulder. His eyes met mine and he winked. "There's some in the dish washer." Anne pointed to the dishwasher next to the sink. He closed the cabinet and opened the dish washer.

I turned my focus back to Anne who was watching her son carefully. "Where's Harry and Tommy." I looked around the house. It seemed like a regular question I would ask her. She pointed to the stairs, not turning to face me. She was possibly to busy watching Ashton grab about 5-6 ceramic plates, those plates looked expensive and if he broke them.. I don't want to know.

I mumbled a quick thank you to her, standing up from my seat and walking back up the stairs. Once I reached the last step Tommy came running up to me. "Marley!" he exclaimed, his bare feet padding down the hallway. I crouched down so he could run into my arms. "Hey bub." I greeted as he hit my arms. I lifted him up off the ground. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good, but I heard monsters down the haw-way wast night and it scared me." my eyes widened yet again at the mention of the 'monsters' he had heard. Those monsters being Ashton and I. So Anne wasn't the only one?

"Well those monsters won't get you, they're nice monsters. They don't eat little children, like I do." I playfully bite his tummy as he squealed with joy. I stopped when I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I turned the slightest bit to see Ashton walking up.

His usual big smile was plastered across his face. "So you eat children now?" He stopped in front of us, one hand patting Tommy's head. "No." I laughed.

"Tommy said he heard monsters last night," I tried to imply that it was us to him, but it took him a minute before he got it. His lips formed an 'o'. "And I told him that theres nothing to fear and that they don't eat little kids." I pulled Tommy up on my hip since he was slipping.

"Oh and your mother heard them too." I patted his chest and headed down stairs for breakfast. Ashton followed behind soon and joined us at the table.

-

The whole morning Anne watched us, her eyes never leaving us. No matter what we were doing she would watch like an eagle. "Ashton can you tell your mother to stop staring, it's freaking me out a little." I whispered in his ear, making sure Anne didn't hear. Ashton nodded his head and looked over at his mom.

"Mom why do you keep staring at us, we haven't done anything bad. Well not our defintion of bad." Ashton huffed. Anne shook her head and focused on her phone. "Making sure you don't pull something."

"We're not going to do anything besides cuddle." it was true, I was cuddled into Ashton's chest with my arm draped across his stomach. His arm was laying behind me and the other tangled with mine, our fingers laced together.

"I saw you two smooching over there a while ago." Ashton groaned as I laughed. "No one says smooching anymore." Ashton sounded like a total white girl. It was quite funny actually, I couldn't stop laughing at the two's conversation.

They went on and on about Ashton and I for a while, talking about how Anne couldn't sleep because of our quite loud moans and groans.

"Whatever mum, what's done is done." Ashton tightened his grip around my shoulder. "Just like you'd 'done' Marley last night." she pointed over to me, and I couldn't help but burst out laughing. Ashton's face got really red after that and he didn't speak for a while. "I hate you guys."

...

another filler but i promise the next chapter is gonna have some action.
-marinara sause