01. Hello

...

01.

Freedom. It's that one word that means so much but looks so little. That one little word that means so much is my only chance of living anymore. My dream is to be free, go see everything before I'm gone.

As I sit on my window seat and look out at the falling rain, I wonder what it would be like to live out there and be free, make your own choices. To live somewhere big and peaceful. My dream destination is somewhere far from the United States. Somewhere like the Bahamas, somewhere nice and peaceful where I can live a life of perfection.

"but Marley dear, perfection is a lie. Perfection doesn't exsist honey."

Mother once said. I had told her of my dream, where I want to live in perfecton. She had told me that prefection doesn't exsist.

"Jesus has said that perfection does not exsist in this world. That is why he made us all unique Marley."

Have I mentoned before, that my mother is a very religious woman and she hasn't let me out of the house in about 3 months. Yeah, my mother is crazy. I don't understand how my father puts up with her shit. They've been together for 14 years. I can't deal with that for 14 years.

I decide I'm hungry, considering my growling stomach, and stand up to walk downstairs to get something to eat. I swing my legs around my blanket I had on, my bare feet touching the cold hard-wood flooring. Making my way over to my door, unlocking the lock, and opening it. The door hengines squeaked a little as I threw the door open. My cat, Snowball, greeted me when the door opened. I picked the black cat up and carried it downstairs with me. Every step I took the floor-boards would creak underneath my bare feet. Taking a step down the stairs, I was careful not to trip over anything, and finally reached the last step. Not knowing there was a toy truck on the last step I stepped on it and slipped. The cat that was once in my grasp had left and soon my butt met the floor.

"Tommy!" I yelled up the stairs. A little boy peered slowly around the end of the stairs with a toy car in his hands.

"Yes sissy?" he said sheepishly. I squinted my eyes at the 3 year old. He smiled his little toddler smile that he would do when he got in trouble. I pointed my finger at the boy, telling him to come here. He slowly walked down the stairs, taking each step one at a time. He made it to me, hugging his toy car in his arms, he had a little pout on his face. His dark green over-alls and white long-sleeved shirt made it even cuter, but I had to stay strong and not smile.

"Tommy how many times has mom told you to not keep your toys on the stairs?" I asked the toddler standing before me. He thought about it, and when he made a decision he held up 6 fingers.

"Eight!" he chirped. I grabbed two of his fingers and put them up. He looked confused at first but when he noticed what I was doing, he smiled once again. I chuckled lightly because who can resist that little smile. I ruffled his light brown hair. He giggled and hit my hand away.

"Smacking my hand away huh?" I said and smirked at him. He slowly giggled and nodded. I took him be surprise and grabbed him. I started tickling him and blowing raspberries on his neck and stomach. His baby laughter filled the whole house, it was loud enough that the neighbors could probably hear it.

"You gonna put your toys up next time?" I asked over his blissful laughter. "Huh?" I continued to tickle him. He nodded slowly, still laughing like a maniac.

"What on earth is going on here?" Uh-oh. The mother walked in the room with her hands on her hips. Her eyebrows were furrowed together, making the wrinkles on her forehead more noticeable. Tommy and I both froze in our spots. She gripped the wooden spoon in her hand, that I didn't notice she had before, tighter than she had it.

"We're sorry mommy." Tommy had said to break the angry stare she had on us. She loosened the grip she had on her spoon and I could visibly see her calm down but she was still mad.

"How many times do I have to tell you to be quiet, your father is in his study working and he needs silence." she said sternly. Tommy looked down and shamely played with his toy car in his hands. I looked right at my mother, she didn't scare me. She huffed, picking up Tommy and walked away. Her short heeled shoes tapped on the hard-wood flooring.I was left alone on the stair-way, and suddenly I wasn't hungry anymore. I stood up and ran up the stairs, making sure my feet made a loud boom with each step I took.

I slammed my door closed, the door hengines squeaking once again, and I huffed. I ran a hand through my tangled dark brown hair. I looked in the mirror, my green eyes staring back at me. Dark purple bags under my eyes, probably because I never sleep anymore. I always think at night. It's my time to think because there's peace and quiet when everyone is sleeping. When I can hear the owls in the forest behind my house. It's peaceful.

A scratch at my door brung me out of my thoughts. I walk to the door and slowly open it. Snowball walked in and jumped up on the bed. I sighed and closed the door. I walked over to the creaky bed and petted the black feline sitting on the mattress. The cat purred with pleasure and nuzzled up to me. I sat down and Snowball crawled up in my lap. I kissed the furry animal on the head as she licked my hand. The cat got off me and sat beside me, curled up into a ball and fell asleep. I wish I could do that. Fall asleep and never wake-up for hours and hours on end. I lay down with the furry animal and continue to pet it lightly, making sure not to wake it.

My eyes slowly closed shut, finally letting me sleep. Letting me have the sleep I've needed in months. Hopefully dreams will fill my head instead of nightmares.

...

a/n -

hey, so first book:)

hope you like it
-marinara sause