People start whispering. Girls have lustful looks on their faces along with some guys, while most of the guys have jealous looks. Evan clears his throat and everyone stops. Silence surrounds the room as he calmly walks to the center of the room. All of a sudden, music blares. Even starts dancing, jumping and leaping higher than anyone I've ever seen. He's graceful, yet has a sense of demanding power. I can't look away. He does three pirouettes, then ends on one knee. No one seems to move, still captured in the surprising performance.  

"Y-You're dismissed..." Madam Kendra stutters. I guess she didn't expect that either...

"Wow..." I mutter as we all file out. I shuffle over to my bag and sit down. When I start untying my pointe shoes, I feel the urge to look up, like someone's watching at me.  So I do. I immediately regret it when I lock eyes with Evan Rider.  His intense stare draws me in. Why is he looking at me like that? My hands slowly slide off one pointe shoe as Evan glances down. His grey eyes widen and his jaw clenches. What? I follow his gaze. Holy crap I'm bleeding! My poor toes! I sware to god I'm gonna kill whoever invented pointe shoes! My head shoots up, only to see an empty room with no Evan in sight. I sighed, what's with that guy? 'Cause that whole 'staring intensely' thing was random, and frankly, a bit creepy.

I snap out of my confusion when my phone rings. "Hello?"

"Hey, girl! I'm outside and your sleeping over."

"But...it's a school night..."

"Relax, I got the okay from your parents. Besides, we need to talk! When's the last time we had a heart to heart?" ... "When?!"

"Okay! Okay! I get it, comin' out now." I grabbed my dance bag and pushed the door open.  

 "Hiya, Erin!"

"Isabel..." I greeted. She started driving to her house while I tuned her out. Evan Rider. I couldn't stop repeating his name in my head. I get knots in my stomach when I think about his grey eyes staring at me, almost in a challenging way. Does he look at other girls like that? Jealousy flares up in me at just the thought. I shake the thought out when Isabel waves her hand in front of my face.

"Erin! Erin, we're here!"

"Yeah, okay..." I unbuckle my seatbelt and trudge up the steps to the front door. Owww, my feet!

"Come on, let's go to my room." We make our way up the stairs and it seems like no one's home. Isabel's an only child and she lives with her mom because her parents are divorced. Her mom's a great person, but not so much a great mom seeing as she stays out alot, leaving Isabel home alone at night.  Her dad lives in San Francisco so she doesn't get to visit him alot. "So, Erin, you have to tell me about your daaaate!" She drags out the word.

"It was nice!" I vaugely told her as I flopped on her bed.

"I could have guessed that." She rolled her eyes and layed next to me. 

"Well, we went to the park, got ice cream, talked...all that good stuff."

"That's it? ...Wow he's cheap..."

"Why does everyone keep saying that?! It was really fun and simple, not bad at all."

"Sorry, I just have high standards."

"Then where did Eric take you on your first date?" I took off my shoes and threw them on the ground.

"To the movies." I stared at her in disbelief.

"How...elegant." She laughed and shifted to go under the covers.

"Did he kiss you?" 

"Yeah."

"How was it?" She yawned.

I hesitate, "It was...nice..."

                                                                                    *   *   *   *   *

"WAKE UP! WE'RE LATE!!!" I jump awake, blinded by light. Ugg! "Erin, I have some clothes you can wear. Just get your ass up!" Everything's blurring as I try to navigate my way to the bathroom. 

15 minutes later, I run into homeroom just as the bell rings. My teacher shoots me a warning stare as I slow my pace and find a seat. People chatter about (a daily routine) while attendance is being taken. I take out a paper, inconspicously, and begin writing down names of people who can recommend me for a dance scholarship. I know, scary right? Just one of the many preparations a teenager has to make for college! Let's see...Madam Kendra? We'll, let's just keep her on the maybe list...

Ms. Belle claps her hands twice, "Quiet down, class! We have a new student today! Please Welcome, Evan Rider!" My eyes bulge and my jaw drops. Wtf?! I have to rub my eyes and blink a few times just to make sure it's really him, and sure enough, as much as it pains me to admit, here is none other than Evan Rider introducing himself in the front of the classroom, at my school. Again, wtf?! I go to a dance school 45 minutes away, just so this won't happen. Literally, I pass like 6 dance schools on the way there, some of the best I might add.

Evan strolls down an isle, taking a seat in the rusty chair in the back. I glance back at him, he just slumps down in is chair and crosses his arms. I hope he hasn't noticed me yet...

During class, I zoned out completely, distracted by the gorgous hunk'a man lounging in the back. I'm not even sure if we learned about the American Revolution or the French Revolution...then again this is American history... Lucky for Isabel she got to skip 'cause of student council.

I gathered my things and threw them in my bag, not bothering to organize. Giving a quick smile to Ms. Belle, I made my way out of the classroom, into the teenage infested halls. Just as I shuffled out, my shoulder was smashed onto the wall of lockers, sending a sharp pain down my arm. Once the shock of it all was over, I felt something strong holding my shoulder down and hesitantly cracked open my eyes. "What the fuck are you doing here?", a gruff voice harshly whispered, unexpectantly sending a shiver down my spine. Wow, I don't think I've ever heard his voice before.

"What do you mean? I obviously go to school here." I choked out, trying not to shrink under his gaze and instead stand my ground. 

I shook when he punched the lockers, feeling the vibration under my back. He then pinched the bridge of his nose and looked back down at me. Still holding my shoulder with force, and now pointing a finger in my direction, "Look. You better not tell any fuckin' person here about ballet. get it?" I shivered again. Why is his voice oddly sexy to me? I nodded my head and he let go of my shoulder. "Good, 'cause that's what ruined my reputation in New York..." He murmured under his breath as he stomped away. Well someone has anger issues...

^^^^^

COMMENT and VOTE!!!

Video of Erin's solo and pic of Evan(Yummy!)--->