Chapter Six

It's not the best, but just hang on!

^^^^^

I'm like seriously freaking out right now. Nervously, I bounce from foot to foot waiting for Jason outside the school. If we almost kissed yesterday, what's gonna happen today? I guess I just can't over think it...go with the flow...

I looked up when a dark blue Cadillac pulled up in front of me. The dark tinted window rolled down, "Hey" Jason greeted me. I smiled, relieved it wasn't some crazy stalker. "Thanks for waiting while I got my car."

"No problem!" I hopped in the car, silently hoping I didn't fall or trip. He blasted the radio as he pulled away. 

"So...ice cream still good?"

"Yep!" A few minutes later we were at a park. Everything is so green and pretty! The flowers are still bloomed and colorful, even though it's September. Cute, old coupes were walking around admiring the flowers. Aw! The sun shines through the trees, glistening off the small lake. Omg! There's a family of ducks! I sware I wanna cry 'cause of how cute they are!

"Do you like ducks?" I turned my head to see Jason staring at me, slightly amused.

"So. freakin'. much." He laughed and took my hand. I love when he does this! We walk -I practically skip- over to an ice cream stand.

"What will it be?", The vendor asked with a warm smile on his face. I glance down at all the different ice cream flavors, trying to decide.

"I'll take cookies 'n cream." Hmmm...that sounds good...

"I'll take the same!" The ice cream man handed us our cones and Jason paid. I happily started eating the ice cream. "Mhm! This is sooo good!!!"

" Ha! You have some on your nose!" Before I had time to react, Jason bent down and licked the ice cream off my nose. I stood there shocked, then looked down to try and hide my blush. I can't believe he did that! A smile crept on my face as I slowly look up. We both laugh it off, walking along, finishing our ice cream. Best. first date. ever!!!

About a half hour later, we arrive at my house and he walks me to the door. "I had a really awesome time, Jason. "

"Yeah, me too. I'm glad we got a chance to catch up." I giggled when he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. Realizing how creepy that sounded, I looked down, blushing. Jason then quickly put his hand gently on my chin, pushing my head up. He bent closer, moving his hand to the back of my neck and tangled his fingers in my hair. His eyes flickered down to my lips. Here it comes, Erin! I met him half way, his lips softly touching mine. Finally, he closed the gap comepletely. My first kiss! My arms snaked around his neck as my lips try to keep up with his. It's nice, warm...but I don't really feel sparks like everyone talks about. -Sigh- I have to stop over thinking things. Jason pulls away from me, catching his breath. "So...I'll see you tomorrow?"

I smile shyly at him, "Yup..." With that, he hesitantly turned and walked back to his car and waved as he drove away. I sighed, wow...

                                                                                 *   *   *   *   *

Lift, Erin. Keep your center. Concentrate, and remember to smile. This is what you've been working for. I glide and turn across the floor. My arms are light and flowy. Madam Kendra assigned me Sawn Lake for my solo. It's not Sleeping Beauty...but it's a step up from her not even trusting me with a solo. In her dance studio, every week she assigns a solo from a ballet. You obviously have a week to work on it, then the following thursday you perform it. It's like a test. 

I end on the ground, arching my back while my arms flow behind me. Everyone claps, I get up and curtsey. Catching my breath, I turn to Madam Kendra to hear her feed back. "Erin, you didn't keep your turn out and lost your center a bit." Crap. "But..." Wait, but? "You did very well for your first solo." Hell ya!!! I tried not to grin like an idiot as I made my way to the side of the room. Oh yea! Who's freakin' awesome? I am!!! "Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new student." Say what now? "He's transferring from my sister's ballet school all the way in New York. Welcome, Evan Rider." I stare at this guy. Wow he's hot. His whole bad boy persona screams 'ballet is gay'. Yet here he is, standing here in black tights. Wow he's hot...