Chapter 5

An oblong desk sat in front of me. Behind it the principal sat casually, almost relaxed. Only the occasional flash in his eyes expressed the frustration boiling within. Ray sat across from me. He looked like a train had ran over him.

Note to self: Pavement to the face is not a healthy way to live.

If you think about it, I should have been more afraid of what was going to happen. At the moment though, I was too preoccupied.
Somewhere in the background, the principal droned on.
Ray droned back an answer.

I wondered what my dad would do if he got wind of this. And where was the cheerleader girl who was the cause of all this anyways? She ought to have been here.

I sighed. Boychild problems.

"......and that is why it is not acceptable in my school." the principal finished.

Great. Meeting over. Am outta here. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and rushed out.

The hallway milled with students desperately trying to get past each other. I joined the throng, and found my way to the staircase. The skinny kid, Tony was scribbling something on one of the many books he carried around. A couple of jocks came over and knocked him down.

Cliche much!  What is this, some random teenage story??

I turned back, resolved to ignore whatever was going on. There was shuffling and laughter behind me.
Oh boy! Here we go again.

I turned and stepped in front of Tony. Their laughter died down. I remained impassive, but the vein in my temple was threatening to burst. God, why am I so mad all the time?

The guys decided to pick up Tony's stuff. Tony dragged himself up. He was a couple of inches shorter than me, so he looked up as if to say something.

I beat him to it. "Still not my friend," I spat and walked past him.

I spent the rest of the morning avoiding Tony. He followed me everywhere. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind him, but I'd met kids like him before. Help out once, and they took it as a sign of eternal friendship. They would stick around from then. Besides, geek was not my thing.

At lunchtime, I found an empty table and sat. I spotted Tony out the corner of my eye. He made as if to come over, but thought better of it and sat somewhere else.

Finally.

Someone sat next to me. I looked over. It was the girl from before.

" This should definitely get your boyfriend mad" I teased. She smiled and shoved me.

For some reason, I felt happier. The rest of lunch was spent in comfortable silence.

........................................................
Ayyy
What do you guys think?
It's me in the media section, in case you're asking.
I'm thinking of turning it into the new cover, as soon as I figure out how to use Photoshop.
Adios