chapter eighteen

edited

     “What? There’s no way! She’s barely two months pregnant!” Leila exclaimed.

     “It is possible. I’ll explain later but right now we have to go,” The Man in White said.

     ‘How the hell can someone explain a birth that’s shy of a month?!’

     “Okay, fine.” Leila said, before remembering she wasn’t wearing pants.

     ‘I’m never making that mistake again.’

     “I’ll meet you guys there. Go!” They both rushed out of Leila’s room, leaving her to get dressed.

~

Ella

     She had never in her life felt pain like the one she was feeling then, and all of the people around her telling her to ‘calm down and breathe’ seriously weren’t helping.

     “Is my baby gonna... be okay?” Through the unbearable pain she somehow mustered those words.

     “I’ll make sure he or she is just fine,” The Man in White walked in followed by Brandon – who Ella sent to inform Leila about her current situation and a second later, Leila herself.

     “What are you going to do?” Gabe asked. Ella squeezed his hand tighter then she already was, a sign for him to back off. But knowing Gabe, he sure as hell wouldn’t listen.

     “I know you probably won’t believe me, but I’ve read every page in that big brown book. I know about everything and I know how to help your girlfriend. Let me help her.”

     Gabe hesitated for a second before giving The Man In White the okay to help Ella.

     ‘Thank goodness. I feel like I’m being cut in half.’

     “Okay, Ella, I need for you to breathe and concentrate.” He tells her, holding her other hand.

     ‘Oh great, someone else telling me to breathe.’

     “You know...I’m getting real tired of people asking me to breath!” Ella shouted.

     “Please, just trust me. Breathe. Concentrate.” He asked her again.

     “On what?! All there is is pain!” She groaned.

     “Exactly. Concentrate on the pain.”

     Ella furrowed her eyebrows together and he nodded, so Ella did as he said.

     She concentrated on the horrible, terrible pain.

     And then suddenly, it was gone.

     “I..I can’t believe it,” She smiled. “The pain is gone.”

     “How is that possible?” Leila asked.

     Instead of answering her question The Man in White moved in front of Ella’s spread legs. Ella heard a baby start to cry and her heart began to pound.

     “Oh my God,” She gasped.

     “It’s a boy,” The Man in White said, handing me Ella new infant boy.

     “Xander,” She whispered to the baby’s face after The Man In White handed him over to me.

     “Huh?” Leila asked.