C H A P T E R 12

"I'm back, little sister. Miss me?" is the first thing River said before engulfing me in a hug.

"It was indeed very peaceful without you. You should go on vacation more often," I joked. No way in hell I was telling him what our mother put me through.

River let me go.

"Natalia, my sweet daughter how I've missed you!" My father is the next one to pull me in for a hug. Oh how I loved my dad.

"I missed you!"

He gave me one last big squeeze before letting me go, "Look how you've grown! My princess is becoming a queen!"

I twirled and an everlasting smile appeared on my face. My dad was the one who kept mother in check and kept me out of trouble. I loved him for it.

"Let's get dinner?" River questioned.

"Splendid idea! Jane, Camille, feel free to join us!" For the first time the two were brought into the spotlight.

"Oh no, I wouldn't want to intrude," Jane spoke.

"Nonsense! Your joining us!" There was no objection except for one.

"Daniel, we have to have dinner with the O'Neils." mother always ruined our fun.

My dad frowned.

"Right," He turns back to us, "raincheck guys?"

"No problem, we can still go," River said.

"Great! Next time, I promise." he always seemed to be promising something that he could not uphold.

We simply nod.

Dad follows mom into the kitchen and we stand around in the living room, "so, we still on for dinner?" River asked.

"Sure I got nothing better to do," I shrugged.

"Really, the popular Natalia Vanderson has nothing to do?" River faked a gasp.

I pushed him lightly.

"Shut up, " I turned towards Jane, "where do you wanna go?" I asked her.

She shrugged.

"Let's go to your favorite restaurant ," River suggests while looking at Jane.

"I'm down, just let me go change this jumper is eh," I ran up the stairs and into my room. I threw on a pair of tight fitting white washed ripped jeans, and a white spaghetti strapped crop top. I had to dig through my closet to find my timberlands, when I found them I put them on then threw down my perfectly straight hair. I grabbed my phone off the charger to see everyone had been blowing up my phone while I was gone all afternoon.

Ignoring everyone I turn on, do not disturb and run downstairs.

River, Jane, and Camille waited for me at the bottom of the staircase. It seems that everyone has changed,"let's go, I'm starving."

River opens the door and we all file out. Camille and him in his car, and Jane and I in mine. We met up twenty minutes later at Janes favorite restaurant, Nikolai. Nikolai is a Russian style restaurant that serves Russian food of course. I don't care for it, but it's whatever.

We all walked inside and got sat at a table that seated five. I sat awkwardly next to Jane while she talked across River to Camille. They seem to be well acquainted for some odd reason. I took this time to open my phone and go through some of the messages.

Lindsey 🙄♥️ 3 hours ago
Party my house ? Parents left

Lindsey 🙄♥️ 3 hours ago
Don't go MIA on me I already put plans
together to have a party !