C H A P T E R 1

The room filled with smoke. Each puff was a new cloud. The whole room was fogged over already and the smell of weed is clearly evident. I took another drag going higher and higher with each puff.

My bedroom door opened and I looked up. I am currently lying in bed getting higher than a kite. River walked inside the room and through the smoke. I threw my head back down as he came and took a seat next to me leaning up against my headboard while I lay sloshed in pillows.

He took the blunt from my hand and put it up to his lips, "whatcha up to?"

I glance over at him and shrug, "getting high trying to process that I will have to live without you next year."

He nods his head and takes another hit, "I will stay close. I promise."

I look up at him, "you know that's not your choice."

He hands the blunt back to me and I bring it up to my lips.

He shakes his head, "I know, but can I ask you a favor for tonight?"

I look over at him, "that's what you came in here for? A favor."

"No, I also wanted to get high," rolling my eyes he goes on, "the favor I want to ask."

"What is it? I'll consider doing it."

He scoffs, "You're going to do it."

"Don't be so sure, what is it?"

"Jane insisted on going to the party tonight. You know how she is. A lightweight. I don't want anything to happen to her and I know you can handle yourself," he trails off not fully asking the question.

I began to protest, "River! I wanted to get wasted not babysit. Just tell her you're not going anymore."

He shook his head, "I'll own you one if you reconsider. Please. It will be my last high school party. And I will owe you one!" He takes the blunt back.

"Anything?" I asked thinking about it.

He sighed," anything."

"Ok fine, I'll babysit her, but what's your deal with Jane anyway?" I asked out of pure curiosity.

He smiled and stood up," she's the little sister I never had."

Mimicking a hurt expression I threw one of my pillows at him, "I'm playing I'm playing, baby sister."

"Don't call me that." I take my blunt back.

"Ok ok don't get your panties in a twist. Jane will be here in a couple of hours then we'll leave," I nod and he walks out of my room.

Looks like I'm babysitting tonight.

"Natalia! Let's go!" River yells at me from downstairs.

Jane got here about thirty minutes ago and now they were waiting on me, "hold your horses!"

I put the final touches on my outfit. Then at last I grab my purse and run down the stairs. River stands irritatedly at the door.

"Natalia for real you take forever!"

I shrug my shoulders and we all walk out the front door and to his car. Jane sits in the front and I sit in the back by choice.

The little brunette is quiet throughout the whole car ride. She sits and listens to my brother babbling on about something, only to stop talking once we reach the beach house. The party is in full swing as we arrive an hour late.

Hopping out of the car I ready myself to dash off but remember I have to babysit Jane. Staying behind I follow after the two. People greet us as we walk further and further into the house on the beach.

"Natalia, there you are!" Lindsey was standing in the doorway. Her red hair clashed with her pink bikini suit.

"Hey, Lindsey."

Brushing her off I follow my brother and Jane inside the house, "grab a beer, me and a few others are going to go skinny dipping. You in?" Lindsey followed me.

"Yah sure, save me a cute blonde,"

Lindsey rolled her eyes, "Why a blonde?"

"That's what I'm feeling. The heart wants what it wants right?"

She shakes her head looking irritated, "Ok we'll be waiting down by the pier," she walks in opposite direction and I look around for my brother and Jane.

I found Jane in the kitchen looks like my brother ditched her. Going over to the blue cooler I pull out two bud lights handing one over to her, and she gladly takes it.

"I see the good girl drinks?" I asked.

She shook her head, "only when I'm desperate."

"She also speaks!"

Jane cracked a smile, "You don't have to babysit me you know. I'll be fine alone."

"That, I cannot do. I promised my brother I'd look out for you. And I fully intend on doing that," I finish my sentence with a wink.

"Don't. Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"I don't know. Whatever you are doing just, don't do it."

I squint my eyes at her and shrug my shoulders, "ok."

Taking her by the wrist I drag her out of the sex and sweet-smelling house and to the pier. Who says business can't mix with pleasure?

"Natalia let me go, please."

I shake my head, "No can do. I told some friends I'd meet them out here and you have to come along. I'm on babysitting duty, remember?"

Jane struggles against my grasp, "I shouldn't even be here!" She sighed.

"And that I agree with! You should've been the good girl you are and stayed home to read a book or what nerds do nowadays," the music of the House has been left behind to be replaced by different music.

"Natalia thought you'd never make it," Damien greeted me. Damien is by my favorite out of the whole. He has an I don't give a shit vibe that I just so happen to love, and he's been with me since middle school. I intend to keep him around.

"The party isn't here until I'm here after all," about twenty people gathered all from our cliche.

"Who's that?" Lindsey asked referring to Jane.

"Off limits. Anyone touch her you'll deal with me got it?" No one dares look me in the eye, "good. Let's party!"

Everyone hops in the cold ocean water. I strip leaving me in my bathing suit then hop in with one last glance at Jane.

"I thought we were skinny dipping?" I asked.

"We are," Lindsey was the first to answer me and shed her bikini top. Facing me she raised her eyebrows. I knew what she was doing, and I wanted to play along.

We walked further into the ocean everyone's eyes on us trying to see what the next move is. Linsey was the game I wanted to play.

So, my bikini top fell into the water floating away. We were indeed skinny dipping.