"Where's the doctor, can I go home now?" I asked impatiently. You couldn't blame me though. The hospital and I aren't a good combo.

"No, sweet you can't. You still have to see remember?" Dad said while he fondled my hair. Why were my parents so handsy all of a sudden?

Oh! I had forgotten, the purpose for being here was so I could see. The itchy bandages reminded me though.

One of the nurses came in and explained that I just had a major surgery on both eyes but would still have to go for another which was aimed at connecting them to my brain so I could transfer stimuli to and from each organ.

My face paled when she said this would be the critical one. But she reassured me that I was capable of surviving since the first turned out to be successful. My parents took turns in offering me words of comfort and reassurance. Tess and Ana did the same thing. Well, mostly gushing over teaching me how to make up and other girly stuff. Nevertheless, I was elated. Imagine putting on mascara, foundation, concealer, highlighter, lipsticks and false lashes on my own? Hahaha, so much fun.

"Hey." Why does his voice always have the same heart-weakening, toe-curling effect all the time? The others had somehow given us a little privacy.

"Hey you." My voice had that high pitched tone which was definitely different from my real voice. Why couldn't I get unaffected by his charm? I pondered.

"Glad to see that you're fine. I was so worried about you." said Jason as he lifted my arm and placed a kiss so close to my wrist. It had the same tingling effect in my veins and I was mesmerized.

"You're stuck with me, remember?" I tried to cheer him. Fortunately, it was the truth though. We were stuck with each other forever.

"Yeah, you sure are." I felt him smile and I unknowingly smiled in return.

"You need to rest. You still have one more surgery ahead." I noted he was tense and I got worried. Jason and I had gotten to the unique phase. This was the phase where we knew how the other felt. I could tell when he was extremely happy just like when I agreed to go to England with him. Likewise, I could tell when he was extremely sad, especially when he was with me at the hospital and I refused to undergo surgery.

At this moment, I knew he was nervous but I had no substantial reason for his sudden change.

"What's wrong?" I asked as he lay me back down on the bed.

"It's nothing. You need maximum rest for what's ahead of you." He tried coaxing me to rest. My mind was alert and so was my body which screamed ‘No’ to sleep.

"Listen honey, you know you can tell me anything right? We are in this together. Whatever life throws at us, we fight together." I insisted. Why wouldn't he understand that his problem was my problem as well?

"You just called me ‘Honey’" He chuckled as he spoke.

"You're changing the subject Jason. Tell me what's wrong." I replied in a stern manner. He wouldn't have his way this time. He sighed and gave up hiding whatever troubled him.

"I got a job interview with a multibillion dollar company." He humped.

That was one the best news ever. I knew how extremely brilliant he was. Mathematics and business had never mixed well in my head but Jason was a pro. Hearing that he would get the opportunity to fulfill his dreams was the greatest news I had received this month.

"Oh my gosh! That's freaking awesome!" I commended. I would have hugged him but he placed me in a laying position so I rained kisses on his hand instead.

"I guess it is." Jason on the other hand, didn't sound pleased at all. What could be wrong with this?

"You don't sound pleased about it." I pointed out flatly.

"Of course I'm not. The interview is tomorrow." He stated like that would explain everything I needed to know.

Tomorrow sounds great!

"That's cool. What's so wrong with that though?" I inquired. It wasn't everyday I found someone sad over receiving good news.

"Don't you get it? Your final surgery is tomorrow. I can't abandon you." He explained

Realization hit me. He was trading his happiness for me. He was willing to risk a powerful job which could be the milestone of his business career just to be with me.

If this wasn't the definition of true love, then I had no idea what was. My heart beat frantically as I had new found respect for this man beside me.

I loved this man!

But true love is selfless and I would never let him risk all he had for me. I would never be selfish enough to crush his dreams. I love Jason and promised to support him. This meant letting him go for this interview.

"You have to go. I can take care of myself—” He didn't let me finish.

"No, Cassieopia, I'm not leaving you to go through this alone." He seemed so convinced and I actually believed nothing I said would change his mind but I had to try one last time.

"I'm not alone. I have you, my parents, Ana and Tess. I know you would never leave me Jason but I want you to do this for yourself. You've been my source of strength every step of the way and I love you for everything. But you have to do something that doesn't revolve around me just this once." I coughed slightly and he held my shoulders to keep me steady. This was what I meant by my source of strength. He was just too perfect for me.

"You encouraged me to fight for my life and I did and will continually do so which means you have to do the same. Go get the job Jason, I believe in you!" I ended and sighed. I was still slightly perturbed by the aftermath of the first surgery and took a deep breath.

"Are you sure you'd be okay?" He asked and I sure knew the shock I experienced was electrifying.

I was shocked that he actually considered when I was about to give up persuading.

"Of course I will. You'd just be gone for a few hours and will hopefully be back before the surgery is over. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself." I chimed in a high pitched voice which ended with him guffawing.

"I doubt that! As far as I can remember, I've been the one taking care of you." He countered and I feigned annoyance.

"Jason!" my voice was unbelievably stern but that made him laugh the more.

"I'm sorry, okay? You're a big girl and can take absolute care of yourself, I get it!" He Interjected.

"Besides, who's gonna pay the bills and take care of the kids when they start flowing in, huh?" I teased.

Look at me, without even a university degree, I was already talking about marriage and KIDS! 

I guess that's what happens when you fall in love. You begin to plan towards the future.

But the thought of that still had me petrified.

"Alright alright, I'll go for the interview... Jeez!  You don't have to chop my head off." He pleaded and then it was my turn to laugh at him.

"Just do it, silly. Fulfill your dream of becoming a successful business Mogul. Just do what makes you happy." I encouraged.

"You make me happy always! I'd trade my aspirations any day just to be with you." My heart skipped at his words and I knew I didn't deserve him.

But hey, I was fortunate to have him and it was the best feeling in the world and this time I was too selfish to let him go.

"God I love you Jason, so much." I felt a ghost of a smile on his lips as he replied.

"I love you more than you can ever imagine Cassiopeia."

Gosh! I'm so in love with these two. A love as amazing as theirs is so hard to find but very real.

Don't forget to follow, vote, comment and share.

Love,
Osaro.