One

"Happy Birthday" Khushi whispered, blowing out the candle, she smiled at her laptop, Arnav smiled back.

She swallowed back her tears, she missed him so much, this new job of hers had brought her fame, money and fulfilled all her dreams but she was lonely. Very lonely without Arnav by her side. She had wanted nothing more than to spend the day with him, but her manager had refused.

Arnav picked up a present, smiling as he unwrapped it, Khushi couldnt help but run her fingers across the laptop screen, how she missed him.

"Khushi meri jaan, please dont cry, look we're still spending my birthday together aren't we"

She shrugged "I guess so, I just miss you, I wanted to be with you when you opened your presents, not miles away"

Arnav tapped his heart, "Look Khushi, you're here and that means you're always with me"

Khushi mellowed, "Okay, open more" she sat quietly watching him open his presents, while the realisation that this was their life now dawned upon her. They ate at a laptop, opened presents at a laptop, spoke to eachother on skype and slept next to their laptops.

She had chosen this industry, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, but she wished Arnav could be with her. He was always so supportive, always so proud. She loved that about him, but this did nothing for their relationship.

Khushi looked up when her door opened slightly
"You need to sleep Khushi we cant have you having bags under your eyes"

"Its my husband's birthday" Khushi replied, standing up, "Ill stay up as late as i like, you wouldnt let me go and see him, that's bad enough, you manage my dance rehearsals and my performances, but you do not manage me"

Shyam scowled down at her, his eyes fell to the laptop "Make it quick" he turned, slamming the door

Arnav looked over at Khushi "What was that about Khushi, is he mistreating you"

Khushi shook her head "No, he's just bossy is all, im fine honestly" she smiled

Arnav tapped his chin "Youre still coming to Nani's birthday party right"

"Of course, I wouldnt miss it for the world"

XXX

Arnav signed off another form, he gazed up at the clock and sighed heavily. He enjoyed his job a lot, inspiring children to speak up, teaching them about sexual violence and that the word no is always acceptable.

But when he just wanted to unwind and go home, he often wished Khushi was there to just hold him. He knew she was dancing tonight so wouldn't be able to call, but it still didnt make him feel any better.

He unlocked his phone, looking at the picture of her on his phone, he kissed it and smiled sadly.

"I wish you would just come home Khushi you were right before, a house is never a home when you're the only one in it" he chuckled sadly "oh how the tables have turned"

XXX

A Few Hours Earlier-

Shyam held out a glass of water with tablets mixed inside.
Khushi stared down at the smoky like water "I told you, I dont do drugs"

"You need to keep the weight off, its the drugs or you know what"

Khushi was to tired of his constant digs, she just wanted to see Arnav all night she had led awake weeping for him and the comfort only his arms could offer.

"No" she replied

He threw the glass to the floor angrily, grabbing her arms in a vice like grip "You dont refuse what I say, I let you off once Khushi" he twirled her around to face the mirror "Look at what I have made of you Khushi skinny, beautiful, famous, thats all something Arnav could never give you"

Khushi turned, shoving him back "Im leaving, this is over, you dont own me, im going back to my husband"

He grabbed her wrist, span her around, his hand swiped across her face
"Who do you think you are" he dropped her to the floor, pushing his foot into her hip with extreme force "You should just listen when you're told Khushi I dont want to hurt you" he spoke sweetly

She looked up angrily "Im Khushi, Khushi Raizada, Arnav's wife, that's who I am" she shouted, standing up quickly

XXX

Khushi crept inside the house, she smiled down at a sleeping Arnav pulled the blanket up and slid in next to him

Arnav opened his eyes "Khushi" he asked, rubbing his eyes "What are you doing here"

Khushi kissed his cheek "I missed you" she curled into his chest, closing her eyes tightly

He rubbed her back, kissing her hair "I missed you to meri jaan" he was happy to have her home of course, but something just didnt feel right, she was meant to be dancing tonight, not that he was complaining. But the way her body shook against his made his heart thump loudly with concern.

XXX

Khushi yawned, passing Arnav his coffee. He raised his brow "You've lost weight"

"Yeah, only a little" she tried to push away the comment, Arnav noticed, he always did.

"A lot Khushi its to much, you were perfect as you were, if this is what dancing is doing to you, I dont like it" he put his cup down, taking her in his arms

"You really think I was beautiful before" she asked timidly

"Of course" he assured "I always think you're beautiful" he picked her up, spinning her around, she threw her head back letting out a laugh

"Its been to long since ive seen you laugh" he sighed "Ive missed it"

Khushi giggled "Shh you, you see me laugh all the time"

He pouted "I dunno, ill have to check again" his hand went to tickle her hip but she hissed loudly

He put her down, raising her t-shirt to see a large purple bruise, he scrunched up her t-shirt in his hand "How the fuck did you get this" he snarled

Enjoy! So many changes, but so many more twists- yay!