There were dart boards lined along one wall, a pool table on the other side, ping-pong tables, and air hockey tables. The whole place was packed with things to do. All this extra stuff and there was still a huge area in the middle of the floor that was a dance floor. 

We all got together and made last minute touches for the playlist. We had rented a helium tank, so we started filling up all the decoration balloons. We were going to blow up the balloons that needed to be popped by our mouths so we could tell a difference. We decided those would be best if they were just taped randomly around the room.

I peeked at the cards Taylor had made.

Everyone: act extremely amorous for the next five minutes. Prize for the best act.

Everyone: dance contest. Specify one style of dance and then begin. Prize for best dance.

Everyone: darts blind folded. Prize if anyone makes a bullseye.

Everyone: shot game.

Everyone: tweet stupid things that you'll regret in the morning. Prize for stupidest tweet.

Everyone: have several drinks and then play trivial pursuit.

Everyone: have several drinks and then play twister.

Chance: let everyone dress you up with stupid stuff, and then do your hair/makeup.

There were several others. To my surprise, none of them were really bad like I thought they would be. And most of them were group activities instead of specifically for Chance. I didn't have a problem with it though. Plus, drunk twister sounded like a bunch of fun.

It was about time for me to get Chance, so everyone headed to the pavillion at the park while I went to get Chance. Everyone was going to start the food while the kids played on the playground. Afterwards we were going to clean up, and maybe ball for a few. 

Chance walked out the house wearing a pink tanktop with weed leaves all over it. He was wearing his usual cargo shorts and a pair of Concords.

"So where we headed?" he asked.

I shrugged and tossed him a card, "You'll see. Happy birthday, you."

He smiled, "Thanks."

We pulled up to the park and we walked up to the pavillion, everyone was there. 

The food had just finished when we walked up, so we let all the girls and kids get their food first while we cleaned up some of the smaller messes before they grew too much bigger.

We finished eating and then did cake and presents. I don't think Chance was expecting any of this. Me telling him to be ready to go somewhere on his birthday obviously was going to make him anticipate doing something, but I really don't feel like this is what it was. The best part was he still had more coming his way.

Taylor got up and grabbed the microphone we had hooked up to some speakers and got ready to do a song. It was one Chance had helped him write.

"So Chance..." Taylor said, "Here's the song you helped me write the bars for. I put some beats in the back and finally pulled it into something decent."

Chi-raq kid kid, big city dreams

Watch them all burn up for the love of green

Dope flow over dope game or a dope fein

Smoking dirt, green cup full of codiene

Purple rain in the back of my throat

Help me write another note

Or provoke my thoughts

That I lost in the bottom of this potion

Hoping smoking lose my emotions

Motion slowly over dosing

The song kept up. You could definitely hear Chance in the lyrics. The way he made the lines rhyme, it had Chance written all over it.

The song finished and we cleaned up what we had done. The cookout playlist picked back up. 

Jas was getting worried about Lay. She always did when she dropped her off with anyone.

"Babe chill, she's going to be fine. Relax. It's a night to enjoy yourself." I said, rubbing her thigh a little in reassurance.

Taylor and Quincey went ahead and went to the club to get the music started and make sure the food was there. Almost all of the girls were piled into the two cars following behind mine, and Chance was sitting in the car with us.

"Lila is good with kids Jas. Lay will be goodie. Plus she's got all the other kids with her." Chance noted.

I nodded, "See?"

Jas sighed and looked out the window.

"Woah, woah, woah. We going to the club too?" Chance questioned when we got out. I nodded.

"Night of celebration all for you. It's thanks for everything you've done for us."

Jasmine got out and went ahead in because she had to go to the bathroom.

"Hey Chance," I said, "one last thing." I pulled the ticket to Bali out of my shirt pocket. "I didn't want to give them to you infront of everyone. Money went into this one and I didn't want anyone to feel like their gifts weren't enough or anything, y'know?"

He opened the envelope the ticket was in and pulled it out. 

"Woah. Bali? I don't know what to say. Thanks." He stared at the ticket in amazement.

"I know you've been trying to go for the longest. It's something you deserve. Happy Birthday, again."

We walked into the room and Chance's mouth dropped. We had found a switch that dropped a LED light, so they had that out with the lights dimmed. It was flashing colorful lights everywhere. There were people playing with all the games and stuff already. I walked over to the bar with Chance. We both grabbed drinks and then enjoyed the rest of the night.