Chapter 16: Resurface

Mulai dari awal

"We'll go dye our hair," said Sugar.

Tina laughed. "A wig will be fine," she told her with a laugh.

"It's ready," Puck said as he walked in.

"What is?" asked Joe.

"The surprise I brought you guys," Tina grinned. "Come on, to the choir room!" As we headed back to the choir room, I slowed down and watched as Marley lagged behind.

"Hey girly girl," I told her. "You doing okay?"

"She's so nonchalant about it," she immediately said. I followed her gaze. A few yards ahead of us, Kitty was making her way to the choir room on John's back, laughing as he pretended to almost drop her.

"Ahh..." I murmured. 

"I thought I was past it," Marley said. "You know, what she did to me during Grease and after... I thought I had forgiven her but I hear her talking about her role and the fat suit and... You know what she had told me when she saw that I wasn't fitting into my Sandy outfit?" I waited. "She walks in, sees me, and asks, 'Are you playing the lead in Grease or Hairspray?' And now look at her..."

We walked into the choir room and took our usual seats. Then Alex, who hadn't been in school that morning, walked in, too, and took a seat next to Marley. She seemed to like this, as she finally smiled when she saw him.

"Is he the surprise?" Sugar asked Tina.

"I have no clue who he is," Tina said. "Anyway, no. The surprise is this... A performance by me!" The band got ready to play, Tina turned her back on us, and Ryder turned to me.

"Should've known Tina's surprise was going to be her singing," he joked as Tina began. I laughed and looked at him. It was so nice that he was finally talking to me.

Tina: Ladies leave your men at home.
Blaine: The club is full of ballas and they pockets full grown
Sam: And all you fellas leave yo girl with her friends

I turned around at the sound of his voice and nearly jumped up with excitement.

Sam and Tina: 'Cause it's 11:30 and the club is jumpin' jumpin'

From behind me, Bree leaned in and shook my shoulders happily. Not only was Sam back, but he had a sexy new haircut and was looking better than ever.

Blaine, Sam, and Tina: Boys say you got a girl? Yes true you got a man. But the party ain't gonna stop. So let's make it hot hot!

I tried not to get too excited. After all, as Blaine and Sam stood back to back, Sam had made absolutely no eye contact with me.

Tina (with Blaine): Last week and you stayed at home alone and lonely (Couldn't find yo man, he was chillin' with his homies) 

Tina grabbed Sam's lower back and he shook her off, looking pretty uncomfortable. He looked serious but I couldn't tell if he was just too into the song to smile.

Tina (with Blaine): This week and your goin' out if he (Try to stop you, your goin' off)
(You got ya) hair done (and ya nails done too) Outfit and (your fendi shoes) 

The three went over to the piano and took a seat.

Tina (with Blaine): You and you who parlayin' at the hottest (spot tonight) (You're gonna find the fellas rollin' in the lexus, trucks and hummers)

Then they made their way back to the center of the room.

Blaine and Sam (Tina): Boys say you got a girl? (Ooh) Yes true you got a man (Ooh) But the party ain't gonna stop (Oooh) So let's make it hot hot! (Oooh!)