39. Curiosity And Cats

Start from the beginning

Do you ever sleep, bitch?

I bet that even Thin-Nose would know the answer to that question and it was a solid "no".

"Complete sentences, then? Since you cannot seem to manage going an hour without flaunting your unnecessarily obsessive sexuality, it would bring me sincere joy if you got the fuck out of my class." He practically growled, his expression completely devoid of emotion. I quirked an eyebrow up at him. Everyone else in the room saw the fuming English nerd that had just been embarrassed by the school's sexual Wonder Woman, but I saw the kinky shirtless fucker lurking below, wooden ruler in hand.

"I'm going to teach you a lesson." A disconnected phantom of his voice whispered over and over again in my mind, sending a jolt through Stella and a thrill racing through me. Oh, I would kill to hear him actually say that. Yeah, that was going to happen. I would make sure of it— Bucket List status.

Still reveling in the delicious idea, I smirked at him, "And if I don't? Are you going to spank me, Sir?"

"Leave. Now." Jesus, he was testy. You'd think he'd be in seventh heaven after this morning, but no.

Rolling my eyes, I crossed my arms over my chest and plunked my cherry red Doc's up on the desk in front of me, daring him to challenge me, "I'm actually quite comfortable, Sir."

"Miss Grace, are you defying my authority?"

"Are you just now tuning in, Mr. Styles?" I gasped, feigning surprise. Once again, the entire hall erupted into a series of low chuckles and poorly disguised laugher. Surely by this point he knew that they were on my side— well most of them anyway. Thin-Nose and her little coven were cursing me with their minds; I could see the venom in their beetle-y gazes.

"Darien, get the hell out of my class before I have you thrown out." His voice was forged steel and I was actually mildly interested in finding out just how he planned on completing this feat.

"Would you like for me to get the Dean, Professor?" Thin-Nose crooned, her disgusted sneer melting away as soon as she turned to face him. She leaned down far lower than necessary, twirling one fried lock of dull brown hair around her boney fingers.

And this bitch called me a slut?

"Please do go get him, Jamie and I need to catch up. Maybe we'll even get sushi!" I cheered, grinning devilishly down at her. Dr. James Peters was one of Caleb and John's closest friends— their tightly knit relationship was due mostly to my weakness for classroom disruptions. Every time I was just 'too much' for one of my professors to handle, they called Caleb or Dr. Peters and we had one of our little 'chats'. I learned in the very beginning to go for the gusto and get as much out of our time together as possible. The last time we'd had one of our sessions, we'd gone for cheesecake.

Honestly, Caleb and John's connections had to be the only things keeping me in school. I knew that I should probably stop, but I just couldn't bring myself to care. I didn't see the point in school when my future was more or less laid out for me. I didn't need to know about the 'history of the trumpet' to be a pianist. I truly, didn't even pay attention in any of my core classes. At this point, I'd taught myself more than any of my professors ever could. Caleb's classes were fun and I truly adored Madame Dupond, but she usually arranged the basis of a separate curriculum for me and I was given free reign on embellishing the bare bone outline. I was in this for the social experience and I knew that fact alone had been the single most influential force in my choice of NYU over Juilliard.

"That won't be necessary, Felicity," Harry ordered. Felicity, what an ironic name for the bitchy class kiss-ass. She was in no way 'happy'. I could admire her parents' ambition, but ambition could only get you so far. "You could, however, retrieve Dr. McKenney. I need to discus the parameters of amending the class roster."