Memory Lake

Reaching a stop sign, I take a deep breath. I just got dropped off at the park around my house. No one really comes here; only a few people are here today. I go over and sit on a swing, gently moving myself back and forth.

I close my eyes, but when I do, all I see are his eyes. Zayn's eyes. Why did I have to be such a cluts? His arms around me felt as if I was safe. Safer then I've been in a long time. That is wierd because I won't even let my dad touch me.

When we looked at each other, I swear we both saw something, but it quickly went away.

A pebble is in front of me and I pick it up. Holding it in my hand, I go to our lake. My mother and I would always go there. It was our place.

*Flashback*

"Mommy, mommy, look!" I yell. I excitedly jump up and down when I see an animal. It has a wide brown tail, a brown silk body, and two huge teeth. It started to swim closer to us and I rushed to get behind mommy.

She kneels down and pats my shoulder. "That's a beaver sweetie," she tells me.

The beaver slowly walks out of the water and comes closer. It was now a few inches before us. I slowly walked over to it, it's eyes watching me. Gently, I sit on the ground and put my hand on his back.

"Mommy, he's not moving," I whisper. She nods. I start to pet him. The soft, wet fur running through my fingers. He starts to move. "Are you leaving Mr. Beaver?"

I watch as he returns to the lake. I gasp and bring my hands to my mouth when I see baby beavers. They look so cute.

"Honey, I think Mr. Beaver is a mommy."

I watch as they leave together so we start to walk back home. "Mommy? Am I your baby beaver?"

She smiles down at me. "You sure are. You always will be."

I smile up at her and say,  "You're my mommy beaver."

*Flashback Ends*

I throw the pebble into the lake and watch it slowly sink.

"Mind if I join?" I turn around and see one of the boys I met earlier. Harry, I think.

"Yes, I mean no. Or is it yes? I get confused when people use the word, mind. You can join me if you like," I ramble, making him chuckle.

"Don't worry, I get confused too," he says sheepishly.

"So, Harry. What are you doing here at the park?"

"The guys and me were going to play, but Zayn left then Niall got hungry and Liam wanted to plan his date."

My stomach did this wierd thing when I heard Zayn's name. I wanted to ask why he left, but restrained myself from doing it.

"Lainey?" I turned my head to Harry. "For a minute there, I thought you left." I reddend, seeing I zoned out again.

"Sorry," I say. I look back at him and notice we are very close to each other. I start to feel my mouth going dry and see my hands trembling. He notices we are close too, but doesn't move away.

"You have such beautiful eyes," his mint breath hits me. I look at his eyes. They're a shade darker, making it look like as if he had emeralds for eyes. I wanted to tell him that his eyes were better then mine, but before I got to, his lips were on mine.

Okay, so... Harry and Lainey? Don't worry, they're not going to do the deed in the next chapter. That would be way to fast for her. Lol. But something will happen. ;) Well, vote and comment!!! LYGS!!