A New Friend

We've been walking silently for the past few minutes. Me taking a few glances at Zayn. We walk under a street lamp that makes his face illuminate. He's walking at a relaxed pace, getting me distracted.

Suddenly I hear a rattling noise somewhere, making me yelp and grip on to him. I hold on to him for dear life. He doesn't push me away and I'm grateful for that. Pulling myself away from him, I apologize.

"No need to apologize, Lainey. Besides, you know you like me," he grins.

I stare at him in shock, my mouth agap. He did not just say that. "I'm sorry to say this, but I do not like you Zayn."

He smirks then pats me on the back. "Just keep telling yourself that."

I smile at his confidence then notice his hand still on my back. He seems to notice since he drops his hand down and says sorry.

We continue walking and I don't know what to say. Instead I just start fiddling with my new camera.

"I'm sorry again for your camera."

"It's okay Zayn, really. Thanks fo-"

"HEY ZAYN!" I hear someone yell making me jump. Zayn squeezes my shoulder, making me get rid of some of the anxiety.

"Louis, no need to yell at the top of your lungs. You scared the girl," he tells the boy.

He's wearing red pants, a white shirt with red and blue strips, and white shoes. He has brown hair and green, blue eyes. He wears a huge grin on his face.

"Sorry mate. Didn't mean to. What took you so long? Liam was really tempted to use a spoon," Louis breaths out and puts a hand to his heart.

I raise my eyebrow at Zayn.

"He's afraid of spoons, so he only uses forks."

I look over at Louis and see that his cheeks have turned a light shade of pink. "They're dangerous! I swear! That's what he says. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still his friend," he defends himself.

I giggle at him and Zayn laughs, making his cheeks turn red. Taking the bag away from Zayn, he asks for my name.

"It's Lainey," I whisper.

"Louis, but you already know that," he smiles.

I nod at him and he looks at Zayn. They seem to have a silent conversation between one another. Louis smirks then excuses himself. He skips to the house, but before entering the house, he waves at us.

I look around and see my house two houses down. "Well, I need to go. My dad is waiting for me."

"Oh, alright. I forgot. Well, I guess I'll see you around." Zayn steps closer to me.

What is he going to do?

I close my eyes and then he wraps his arms around me. I'm caught off guard at first but end up hugging him back. We pull apart, a smile evident in both mine and his faces.

"See you soon," I agree.

I turn around and walk home. I guess I've made a new friend this summer.

Now Louis is in the story! How'd you guys like the chapter? Please remember to comment and vote!! Thanks. :)(: