The Question

Lainey's POV

I hear the front door open, startling me. I look back down at the picture and set it into the box. Slowly, I stand up.

I don't know what to think. What am I supposed to think? I just found a picture of my mom holding a baby with a man standing beside her.

I know my mother has had many boyfriends before father. but she never really said anything about them. At least not that I remember. Wait. I think I do. Mother once talked about this guy before when she wad telling me the story of how father and her met.

She had said that he was the first guy she ever loved. They were together for a long time. They were best friends, i remember, before they realized their feelings for one another. Then they ended it. She never told me why or how, but I never cared to really know. They kept in touch. "It was never the same," she said. I can't remember his name. Looking at the photo, I know that it starts with the letter U.

Was my mother's first love also the guy in the picture I found? If so, does that he also be my father? It's possibility.

But if he is, why did he leave? Was it because they ended their relationship? Even though they ended it, why didn't he stay in touch with me? Unless my mother mother didn't want me to. He could of least tried to.

There's still the chance that he's not my father. I don't know how that makes me feel. I'd be crushed if the father I've known all my life actually isn't my father. I love my father's, so much and I don't know what would happen if he isn't.

There's evidence that he could be. Every time I would ask mother why I have no pictures of dad when I was born, she said that he left that week on business.

I won't really know if u don't ask questions. I really need to start investigating these pictures and notes. I don't know where they'll lead me to, but I'm ready for whatever it is. The only person I can ask is father... the only father I've ever know.

I walk over to the small library room. I find him slumped in his arm chair, eyes closed. He looks peaceful. Now I'd feel guilty if I wake him. Turning around to leave, I hear him call my name. I turn back around and give him a small smile.

"Did you anything, flower?" he asks in a sleppy tone.

I walk over to him and sit in the armchair across from him, sighing. I look up at him. I can't stall; I need to know the anwser to my question now. This question that I'm about to ask him could change everything. Our gazes lock.

"Are you my biological father?"

Who saw that coming?! :D Hehe. I'm sorry this chapter was sucky and short. I've been so busy with school. Math and going to the weight room; those are the hardest. But I will try to update again this Friday. Love you my readers. Vote and COMMENT!! :)