Coronation Day - 3

Coronation Day 3 -

Link's POV 

Silence filled the room. Not even a footstep from outside. Zelda just looks at me, tears welling at sides of her eyes. Before she can answer I cut her off.

"Over two years ago, I met the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. Her eyes, her smile, her voice, her laugh, her touch. Everything she done made me fall in love with her. The more I fell, the more I told myself, "you're just some orphan farmer from a crummy little village, why would a princess look at you?" As much as I hated it, I knew I loved you. When we became friends I was so happy, when we became a couple I was thrilled! But, when you told me you loved me, I realised at that moment, what it is to be unable to live without someone. You've made me happier than I could ever imagine. For that, if you'll let me, I'll spend the rest of my life trying to make you just as happy. I love you more than I can say, Zelda, will you marry me?" Trying not to cry I take her hand. By this point she's crying full on. 

"Yes! I love you so much, Link. To me, you were never just a farmer. You were always my hero." 

The next morning, we went straight to a ring shop. She picked out her favourite and I bought it for her. We were in the village for about a week, until we were given the all clear by a messenger. The attack ended within a day or two but just to be safe they left us. The trip home was full of Zelda hugging in to me, hoping her father would give us his blessing. 

Upon arrival into Hyrule there was a massive crowd of people waiting for us! There was a kingdom wide celebration that the Queen had returned. During the celebrations we took Zelda's father to the courtyard and told him the news. Straight away he hugged both of us and congratulated us.

"I'm so happy that my daughters found such a great man to take care of her! Oh, come on son!" Zelda goes back inside and I stay out to continue talking with her father. 

"Sir-"

"Call me Dad."

"Okay, Dad" I say with a smile "I'm sorry I couldn't ask for your blessing first. While I was thinking about asking her I hadn't picked out when and it was a quick decision. I hope you can forgive me"

"Of course, son! Welcome to the family!" 

The announcement at the party went very well too. Before we knew it, it was a week before the wedding. We kept my house as a second home type thing and we stay in the castle most of the time. I've been here for a month now and I still get lost constantly. It's massive! 

There's lots of planning and preparation. The full kingdom are invited. It is being held outside in the fields so everyone can fit. My best man is Rusl, Zelda's maid of honours are Impa and Uli. Ring bearer is Colin and flower girl is Beth. The high priest will marry us.  I'm so excited!  I forget that this means I'll need to be crowned King of Hyrule. I'm not sure if an idiot like me can hadle that! 

When I look back on everything, my life has changed so much over the last two years. I've met the girl of my dreams, lost so many friends but made so many as well. If I'm honest, I haven't the slightest idea as to what tomorrow brings for me, but I'm looking forward to my many tomorrows with the love of my life, that on its own is enough for me. 

Ending Note-

I'm sorry about all the mixups with this story. I know the ending seems a little rushed, if I'm honest it had been dragging on for too long and it had too many errors. At the moment, 'm writing a Mirai Nikki fan fiction but hopefully I'll get a new Zelda one underway soon. keep an eye out for it! Any constructive criticism is welcome! Hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I liked writing it!

~shadow