Chapter 16

Link's POV

I was taking Epona into town to get some supplies when all I see is Zelda flooring Ilia and saying something to her. I was so shocked, instantly I got Epona to speed up and went straight to them to make sure they were both okay.

When I got towards them, Ilia looked genuinely hurt and I just lost my temper, "Zelda what the hell are you doing?" I felt bad for shouting at her but what else was I supposed to do? Ilia turned and guilt tripped me with her "see it was her all along" kind of attitude. When I said to Zelda to go to mine and wait she looked as if she was about to cry. I was so worried for her but it looked as if Ilia needed medical attention so I went straight to Mayor Bo's.

At Bo's she told me all about everything Zelda's done to her. It doesn't sound like Zelda, I just can't believe it! It's Ilia so I'm assuming some of it's exaggerated but, she seems so sure... "I hope you feel bad for picking her over me, know you know what she's really like"

If that was a guy talking about my Princess like that, I'd have broken his legs by now, I need to go hear her side of the story.

"Link, you're being such an idiot. You've left that poor sweetheart crying her eyes out at the way you treated her! Believing Ilia over your girlfriend without even asking her what happened! You oughta be ashamed!" Uli, Colin's mom said while bursting through the door.

"What exactly did you expect? I seen her on the ground and Zelda was fine, that's enough to make assumptions!"

"Don't be rude with me, Link, I'm only helping that lovely girl standing outside your house being consoled by Rusl!" She snapped back at me

"You're right, I'm sorry Uli. Ilia, I'll be back to check on you later. I'll talk more about this then" I said, scowling at Ilia.

"You're awful quiet there, missy, you'd best apologise for lying before something goes wrong!" Uli said to Ilia, she just lay on the couch, speechless. I'm really worried about Zelda. I can't believe my girlfriend is crying because of me... Urgh, I better run.

Ilia's POV

What the hell does Uli think she's doin'? Everything was going so great as well! Damn. He just ran off and left me here!

"Ilia, what you done to that poor girl was awful. You should be ashamed! Just leave them alone and stop being so jealous! He doesn't like you that way and he probably never will. Face the facts sweetie..." Uli said, with her arms crossed. I was silent, I'm so shocked by all this, I mean, I've loved Link all my life, how am I supposed to just give up? Maybe I should just apologise to that girl...