Every members in each band were holding unto each other, some are closing their eyes, hoping to win the contest.

The crowd kept on screaming the name of their preferred band to win this contest, and again, I repeat, I mostly heard the band name: BTS.

“SPACE!” The emcee announced the name of the band that just won, and the crowd still cheered, but with not too much of enthusiasm just like what the emcee has, except for a group of teenage girls wearing SPACE tshirts while carrying around fan merchandise who cheered really loud.

My eyes widened, of course I'm in shock. I remember SPACE's performance, and they're just okay, but they didn't really mark something special in the crowd.

SPACE is from a high-class recording label, and they joined this contest for more publicity since they just formed the band recently. 

A lot of people looked disappointed too. I saw my friends onstage looking disappointed, and other bands looking at BTS with shocked faces too, like they knew that BTS should win tonight's contest.

My eyes went up to Namjoon and just focused on him, he was staring up in the open, looking shocked and upset at the same time.

I know that they practiced every day after school, and I witnessed the efforts that they put into their practices, as well as their final performance. Even though they don't have that many connections or they didn't have a rich recording label behind their back, they did a fantastic job.

.... It's just that this world is unfair...

After we packed up, we drove them to Namjoon's house. No one said anything in the car, we were just silent, and we were obviously disappointed on the results.

...well I think this is what we get for being too overconfident? No. We know that they did their very best, it was even obvious in the performance, it's just that there were cheaters who does nothing but cheat their way up to the top.

As everyone else is carrying the instuments back in their studio, Mrs. Kim was informed that BTS didn't win the competition since it was aired on TV.
Namjoon still looked disappointed, even now that I brought him outside of their house to talk to me alone while everyone else was crying at the studio.

He was hiding his hands in the pockets of his hoodie, looking at the ground while biting his lower lip. I leaned on a wall beside the door while crossing my hands on my chest as I looked at Namjoon in front of me.

I want to comfort him, but I've never tried that before, and I don't know what to say.
“Are you still upset?”I asked, and Namjoon just sighed, “Aren't we good enough?”

I pursed my lips as I patted Namjoon's shoulder awkwardly, “Hey, you know that failure is a part of improving? Make this as your stepping stone towards the top. Sure, there are cheaters that win the game sometimes, but I think it's the hard work that really gives value on something.” I said, and I don't even know how I was able to say that since I never tried counselling someone.

Namjoon looked at me, his eyes were a bit watery. He immediately crashed on me and hugged me really tight as he cried on the crook of my neck.

My heart was beating so fast and I felt very uneasy, but I tried my best to stay calm so I awkwardly returned the hug to Namjoon while rubbing his back.

He was kind of crouching because I am short and he has to level with my height..

I sighed, “I know that you really did your best. Your performance was amazing.”I said, “I should've just judo-flipped the judges for not letting you win.” I said as serious as possible, which made Namjoon laugh. His voice was muffled by my clothes.

He immediately let go of me, "O-Oh, I-I'm sorry that I just hugged you like that, I-I'm--” “Th-That's okay..”I interrupted him, “You really need someone to pour out your feelings, so it's completely fine.”

Namjoon wiped his nose with the sleeve of his hoodie, “Anyway, you have to get going now, right?” I nodded, “Right. Bye, Namjoon, have a good night's sleep. Spend the consolation prize well.” I said, walking towards the car, where Mr. So was waiting at the inside.

He nodded while he smiled, those dimples on his cheeks appearing again, “Sure thing. Take care on the way home.” he waved goodbye as I entered the car.

When I wore my seatbelt as the car was already moving, Mr. So cleared his throat, “I saw that, miss.”

I looked at him, "Saw what?” “That hug earlier... I shouldn't have mentioned that.”Mr. So sighed, “Did you tell your father about that boy?”

I shook my head, “He doesn't want me to be involved in romantic relationships.”

Mr. So sighed, “When my daughter introduced her first boyfriend to me, I wasn't able to believe it at first. I thought that my daughter would just be my little princess forever, and now that she's  already grown up, she's another man's queen now.” he looked at me for a moment, then his eyes went back on the road, “I'm sure that your father just feels the same. He'll soon accept it.”

I looked at the window, at the buildings, people, vehicles, posts, and streetlights that we passed by.

My father wouldn't "just" feel like what Mr. So told me.

________________________

idk what's going on in my head I'm too sleepy af it's already 9:28 AM and I haven't got any sleep ok bai