He laughed as we reached his floor. He opened the door to his bedroom and I never noticed how spacious it was. Mine was similar; but his had multiple windows and a larger balcony that could overlook the Royal family's home and warrior falls. They even changed the decor from when W'Kabi was here. The shades of blue were still the same since it was our tribal color, but it was a darker shade; probably picked by Erik.

I walked in slowly and looked around the room, unsure of where to sit. "The beds fine." He closed the door and walked back over to me, noticing the look I was giving him. "I'm persistent, but I don't touch women against their will or unless they want me to. I mean; you will soon, but that's not the point." He dismissed the conversation before I could argue and made room between my legs as he sat on the floor.

"I was expecting you to get a chair, but okay." I mumbled and took his locs out of the hair tie they were in before shaking them out a little and grabbing a few, braiding them to the back of his head in rows.

"Are you always this damn uptight?" He turned to look at me. I popped him on the head with my fingers before turning his head back around, earning a hiss from him.

"No, only with people that I don't like. Now shut up before I change my mind." I started braiding one row to the back and took in the smell of his hair. It smelled like sweet oils and tea tree oil. I didn't expect it to be something his hair would smell like, but it did and the combination was amazing. His head resting on the inside of my thigh, and I didn't know if he was nodding off or just relaxing.

"Tell me a little bit about this 'party' thing that's going on tonight. I'm pretty sure you know more about it." He mumbled and put one of his arms on my knee to lift himself up a little.

"It's a celebration that they put on every year. Everyone from the Royal family, priests, tribal leaders, and townspeople are invited. It just celebrates the history of Wakanda and how far we've come as a people. The food is pretty good and the entertainment is too. Everyone gets dressed pretty nicely, so I hope you have something you can put together." I smirked to myself.

He chuckled in response, "Don't worry about me, sweetheart. I always look goo— ow!" He yelled when I pulled at his hair purposely. "That wasn't funny." He turned and glared at me.

"It was to me." I smiled back at him. I finished braiding the last row and tied them back so that they wouldn't come undone. "You're done." I patted his shoulder and pushed him forward, giving me enough room to swing my leg around his head so I could stand up.

Before I could even get it halfway over, he grabbed my ankle and pulled me back down. "What are you doing—" Erik turned his body so that he was facing me, pressing his chest against mine and smirked.

"Keep your hands to yourself next time, sweetheart." He whispered before pushing himself off of me. "Hope you find something cute to wear." He walked over to his mirror and looked over his braided dreads.

"You're an asshole." I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door.

"Don't know if your king told you, but you're gonna be accompanying me tonight as my date."

My eyes widened as I glared at him.

T'Challa was a sneaky asshole too. He knew what he was doing; even if I didn't know. I would see how him and Nakia would look at Erik and I when we would argue over things we would discuss. And it wasn't a simple glance from those two. T'Challa would nudge Nakia's arm and nod his head toward us, they would look at us, then back to each other and smirk before T'Challa would mumble something into Nakia's ear.