Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Varg

After getting clothes from Karma (because there was no way in hell I was wearing one of those robes Rumpel thought made him look dashing,) I was told where a guest room was and I almost died laughing from the look on his face when I told Karma that Lucy would want me with her. I wasn't actually sure that was true, but I figured it probably was, and I sure as hell wasn't going to be busy in another room while she sat there, scared and alone. She would have to send me away, and I would only go if SHE did. Karma obviously didn't believe me, so he walked me down the hall towards where she had been staying.

This was a lot to take in. I had literally blown this place up and it seemed that no one here would be forgetting that anytime soon. Not that I blamed them, but it made me itch. I didn't really like being around people in general and this place was even worse than usual. But the fact was, this was where Lucy was so I guess that meant this was where I'd be too. At least until she decided we were off on some new, most probably suicidal adventure. God help me.

Karma knocked on the door and waited for her to ask who it was. When she called out, he told her that I had said she would want to share a room.

He glanced back at me, before adding, "But do not feel pressured, I am more than happy to escort him to an open room and MAKE SURE he stays there." I

just glared at him. Was everyone in this place in love with her? I knew those eyes. Jealousy.

"No Karma, just let him in." Lucy's voice sounded from the other side. I smirked at him before taking a step forward. Karma still hadn't moved.

"Are you absolutely sure?" Oooohh, now jealousy and anger. Interesting.

"YES, Karma. Now let him in the room. This is ridiculous."

Karma took a step back, fists clenched. "Fine, I'll be down the hall."

He quickly turned and walked away, obviously seething. I couldn't help the grin on my face at that. That's right, she chose me. And I'll be damned if that didn't feel amazing.

I was feeling pretty cocky when I opened that door and stepped inside, kicking it closed behind me. It took me a minute to find her, but when I did-

Oh for fuck's sake. It really wasn't fair how beautiful she was.

She was wearing a white nightshirt, one that fell to her knees, with lace at the top that swooped down to barely reveal the top swell of her breasts. The shirt was sleeveless and she had pulled her pigtails out, her auburn hair falling in straight lines to the small of her back. I briefly wondered if this was a purposeful attempt to drive me mad, but then I remembered her response when I had tried to feel under her bodice. She had no idea what she was doing to me. She turned around, the fabric shifting with her, and I realized that in the candlelight her shirt was nearly see through. That was certainly not helping. As her eyes lit on mine, she smiled and it was genuine and bright and I would gladly stay by her side all my life just to see that smile one more time.

And that was the moment I realized I was well and truly screwed.

Lucy ran over to me, throwing her arms around my neck and pressing her lips against mine. I fought down the growl threatening to erupt and forced my hands to settle on her hips without grabbing them. I had made the mistake of scaring her before, not again.

Lucy leaned back and looked up at me, her eyes a little doubtful. "Is something wrong?" she asked.

I gulped, thinking about how to put this. First things first though, "No, Princess. Nothing's wrong. Just go sit on the bed for a minute, I can't think with you pressed up against me like this."