Tamra (3)

I didn't go to the funeral.
I didn't want to be lectured. I didn't want to get upset.
I stayed at Katy's house that day, hugging Nugget tightly for comfort. Tears started to stream down my face.
"Katy, if you can hear me, I want you to know that I miss you. So much. Nothing that happened that Friday was your fault. It was my fault, I shouldn't have dared you to drink those bottles of alcohol. I shouldn't have forced you to drink more after that. I shouldn't have told you to drive yourself home. I was drunk, Katy, and so were you. And it's all my fault. I want to tell Angela that it's my fault, but after she yelled at me in the morgue and at your house when we were discussing your funeral, I grew a little scared of her. Anyway, I am so so so sorry."
Nugget jumped off my lap and ran to Katy's bedroom door and stood up on her back legs, barking happily.
"What are you doing, Nugget? Come here, I know you're upset. Come and give Tamra a cuddle."
Nugget wouldn't move, so I left her with what she was doing. I put my head in my hands and started to cry.
"I am so sorry, Katy." I mumbled.
"You don't have to be sorry!" Someone said gently.
I looked up, startled. Nugget was still barking happily and I looked in her direction. It was a person, a tall, beautiful young woman with short blonde hair and shining blue eyes.
Is that..
"Katy?" I whispered. "Is that you?"