Chapter 2: Pest Control

And I'm back. Author-chan brings you chapter 2. Yeah, don't usually refer to myself as that, but why not be different today. So, without further ado, let's read.

(Three Years Later)

Fuu's POV:

Fuu was having a bad day. She had come back from a successful mission just this morning, and had gone to the council to report in. She had been expecting their dislike of her, that was simply normal, but what she wasn't expecting was for them to insult her to her face. On top of all that, they had told her that she wasn't allowed back out on missions again indefinitely. What the Heck!

Fuu had stormed angrily out of the council chamber. She needed to go and cool off. She decided to go and try a new restaurant that had recently opened in the village. She had gone in and was waiting for a waiter to come and take her order.

She had been waiting about fifteen minutes and was just about to leave when she saw a blond haired boy her age come stumbling out of the kitchen with a tray of food in each arm and one more balanced on his head. She watched in awe as he gracefully made his way between tables and dropped off orders as he went. He was down to the last dish that he was serving to some customers at the table next to hers when the person sitting behind him abruptly stood up, hitting him from behind as he did. The boy went face first into the table and sent the dish he had been about to put down into the lap of the customer he was serving.

"Arghh! What the hell is wrong with you! Can't you watch where you're going!?" the customer said.

"Sorry sir, my mistake." The boy replied.

"You're damn right it's your mistake! Now go and get me another! And don't expect me to pay for it!"

The boy quickly ran and grabbed a rag and cleaned up the table and the angry customer as best as he could. Then he went back to the kitchen.

Fuu sighed and got up to leave.

"Just a moment miss, don't leave yet. I'll be right out." Came the boy's voice from the kitchen. Wait, how did he know I was going to leave? Fuu sat back down and sure enough, a moment later the boy came out and, dropping off the angry customer's order in front of him, came over and pulled out a notepad.

"What would you like today?" He asked, smiling brightly.

"Fuu couldn't believe it. He was actually smiling at her. No one smiled at her. Who was this boy?

"Yes. I'll take your daily special." Fuu said, looking at her menu.

"One daily special coming right up." the boy said as he quickly wrote it down and then went running to the kitchen. He came back a minute later with a steaming bowl of ramen topped with pork slices and vegetables. "Here you go, one daily special. Enjoy."

Fuu thanked him and proceeded to devour her meal. After she finished, she left a generous tip and went outside. She hid nearby and watched the restaurant. She wanted to know who this boy was who wasn't put off by her status as the seven tails jinchuriki.

<Timeskip>

Fuu had fallen asleep after several hours of waiting. "Sloppy." she thought to herself. She got up and started home, thinking that the strange boy must've left by now.

She was nearly to her apartment on the edge of the village when she felt the ground shake. Fuu ducted into the nearest bush and then crawled towards the sound. She soon found herself in a clearing in the trees. In the center of the clearing was a crater going down twenty to thirty feet in a perfect circle.

"Now who did this?" Fuu wondered aloud. She looked around the clearing and noticed some broken branches on the far side from her. She went over and saw footprints leading away from the clearing and off into the woods. She followed them for about fifteen minutes, only to see them vanish afterwards.

"Darn. I was hoping I might find out who left that crater in the ground." Fuu thought to herself. She yawned and turned to go home.

Hearing a snap she whirled around, however, there wasn't anything there that she could see. Shrugging, she left. "I really need to get my sleep if I want to be rested tomorrow.

<Timeskip>

Fuu woke up to a pounding on her door. "Alright, alright, I'm coming." Fuu said yawning as she opened the door. She saw a Takigakure ANBU standing outside. He handed her a scroll, then poofed into thin air. Shrugging, Fuu went back inside to make herself breakfast. It would only be later that she remembered the scroll. She opened it to see the following message.

To Seven-Tails Jinchuriki Fuu,

You have been tasked by the council with a very important task. There is information that says the Nine-Tails Jinchuriki is currently hiding in the Land of WaterFalls. As you may have heard, he is currently listed as a rogue ninja, after having escaped Konoha and whatever confinements they had in place. Your job, by council command, is to seek him out, and either persuade him to stay in the village of Takigakure or, failing that, to eliminate him so his power doesn't fall into enemy hands. You are not expected to take this mission lightly, nor are you expected to complete it quickly. You are to simply make sure that it is done.

Regards,

Takigakure Council.

Fuu stared off into space in anger. Great! Now they were saddling her with a mission they thought she would never have to solve in order to keep her busy. Unbelievable! Who did they think she was? She was no tracker type, nor was she a sensor type either. And other people, ninja especially, didn't associate with her as much as possible, which meant she didn't have any allies or friends to help her either. She was on her own.

Fuu finished getting ready and set out. Since her target was supposedly hiding in the village, she wouldn't need to pack a bag with supplies just yet. But first things first, she would need a picture to identify her target with, and she knew just the person to ask for it.

Ok, end of chapter 2. This book has been having much shorter chapters so far. Why, I don't quite know. But don't worry. They will probably get longer later on. Anyway, until next time... BYE!!!

Also, don't expect chapter 3 any time soon,not that I won't write it, but I am trying to finish the SAO fanfic first.