Chapter 1: Escape

OK, so this is one of several ideas that I had for a Naruto fanfic. I hope you enjoy, because I did, Maybe. I say maybe because currently I am predicting my future self. Will I have enjoyed it? Who knows. Also, if you liked this fanfic, check out my other novels. They are worth the read. Anyway, enjoy!

(Note: This starts place around the time of the end of the original Naruto anime)

Naruto's POV:

Naruto vaulted from tree to tree through the forest on the edge of the country of fire. He had a pack full of supplies on his back and hopefully enough ninja equipment to last him a long while. He didn't understand why everything had gone so wrong. He thought back to this morning's events.

(Flashback)

Naruto had been simply walking through town, hoping to get some ramen before a meeting that he had to attend with Tsunade. Suddenly though, Naruto had been attacked by about a dozen ninja had leapt out at him throwing kunai and shuriken. Naruto had dodged and then was engaged in taijutsu with several of them. Naruto was getting overwhelmed. He found himself on the ground pinned and felt chains snap around his wrists. Naruto was terrified. He didn't know what was happening, but he wasn't going down without a fight.

Suddenly, he felt power surge through his limbs. He was enclosed within a cloak of red chakra and broke his chains with ease. His eyes became red slits and his fingers became claws. Naruto felt extreme hatred and felt his sanity snap. He turned to the ninja with an evil grin on his face, then he charged at them, a rasengan forming in his hand. He blacked out soon after.

<Timeskip>

Naruto sat in a state of shock. He was sitting in a chair in the hokage's office, Tsunade and the village elders shouting about what they would do with him. He simply tuned it out. He mulled over the images burned into his head of the aftermath of the fight he had just been in. There was a massive crater in the middle of the village, and the list of casualties was so long that there wasn't a final count yet. Naruto knew he had lost it, and judging by the level of destruction he saw when he woke, he had really lost it,

Naruto flinched when he looked up and saw Tsunade and the council all staring at him.

"Naruto, by unanimous vote of the council of elders, you have been sentenced to life imprisonment to protect the village." "Tsunade said. She looked like she was about to cry, this must be really hard for her, especially with all we've been through." Naruto thought to himself.

Sure enough, Tsunade's eyes were full of tears as she commanded the several ANBU in the room to arrest Naruto and take him away. Naruto looked back over his shoulder to see one council member, Danzo, smugly smiling, then the door shut and he was knocked out by a kick to the head.

<Timeskip>

Naruto had been taken to Konoha prison and had been thrown in an isolation cell. He had never felt so miserable in his life. He was doomed to spend the rest of his life in this tiny cell all alone. He felt himself falling into a state of depression, normally he would fight it by thinking of something positive, but there was nothing to be positive about now, so he didn't bother.

The door to his cell suddenly exploded backwards. Naruto scrambled out of the way as the door hit the far wall. Naruto looked up and sees several faces looking at him. His friends! Sakura and Choji and Shikamaru and Ino and Lee and all the others are there, looking down at him.

Naruto stood up and walked over to them. "What's going on guys?" He asked, trying to sound as cheerful as possible.

"We're breaking you out." said Sakura. "Come on. The guards will be here any minute."

Naruto and the others all ran for it.

"Where are the guards?" Naruto asked confused.

"Me and Hinata took care of them." Came Neji's voice as he dropped down beside Naruto. "Now go. Hinata is waiting outside with a pack."

"Pack?"

"Just go." Sakura said angrily.

Naruto nodded vigorously and dashed on ahead.

Naruto found Hinata waiting outside the prison. He ran up to her and hugged her tightly. "Thank you Hinata, I wouldn't be here if you and the others hadn't rescued me."

Hinata blushes a deep red. "Your welcome Naruto-kun."

"Alright Hinata, say goodbye already, we don't have much time." Came Shikamaru's voice. Naruto turned and saw all of his friends. He teared up.

"Thanks you guys, I mean it." Naruto said.

His friends all smiled at him and then each one hugged him.

"Naruto-kun, here." Hinata said, handing a pack of ninja tools and a backpack full of supplies.

"Your going to need these." Neji said.

"Naruto turned questioningly to his friends. "I don't understand, what is going on?"

"You have to leave the village Naruto, otherwise the council will only arrest you again. You can't come back either. You'll have to become a missing nin." Sakura said, Naruto watched as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Sakura?"

"Naruto, it's the only way, and the guards will be here any minute, go!" said Kiba.

"Naruto slowly picked up the pack and tied it to his waist. He slung the backpack over his shoulders and turned to look at his friends one last time. "I'll never forget you guys. We'll meet again someday I hope."

"Goodbye Naruto." Everyone said in response.

Naruto turned and, with one last glance behind him, leapt off into the trees at top speed.

(End Flashback)

Naruto shook his head to clear away the memories. If he focused on what had happened, he might be caught off guard and captured, or might never move again from sorrow. He knew there were ANBU in the forest looking for him. He had sent out hundreds of shadow clones to try and throw them off.

Naruto stopped as he leapt out of the trees. He was now on the border between the land of fire and the Land of Rivers. Hopefully he would find shelter there. He began running again as the memories of one of his shadow clones came back to him. One of the ANBU search teams was nearby. He needed to hurry. Naruto leapt off again. Spamming more shadow clones to act as decoys. As he ran, he thought about what was happening with his friends back at the village. He hoped they were ok.

Soon, Naruto had faded back into the trees, on the other side of the border. Naruto was officially rogue.

OK, did you like it. Yes, no, maybe. This will be my third fanfic novel, hopefully you all enjoy it. And I will see you in the next chapter. BYE!!!