"Pick it"

"Why?", I asked in a boring tone.

"Just pick it up." A mischievous grin is playing on his lips.

I did as I was told and opened the paper. My eyebrows knitted together in confusion and I glanced at him for an explanation.

His smirk is playing on his twitching lips, "What's in it?"

"A line"

"Yes exactly. A pick-up line", he wiggled his eyebrows and smiled widely at me like he is proud of himself for doing something extraordinary.

'Wait! Did I plan to avoid him?'

I giggled at him, "You are unbelievable but don't you have any class now?"

"I don't have anything important when I am with you"

That is cheesy, I know right.

"Umm.....", I don't know what to reply to that, so I just looked at front of the class hoping that the professor will show up soon. He will be sent out for sure.

We all stood up from our seats when the professor made his entry just like I wished. Faaris just crossed his arms over his chest and leaned down more into his seat. I slightly nudged him to stand up, but it seems like he never gives a shit about it. So I kept quiet as I sat back and focused my attention on the lecture. The professor gave a brief look at our way, exactly at Faaris. But Faaris just yawned carelessly and raised his eyebrows at the professor. The professor cleared his throat and started the class.

It's so hard to keep pace with this super fast professor so everytime I end up with exhausted fingers after his classes. My eyes are shifting between the board and my note as I took down every single step in derivation of the theorem.

Time went by in a blink. I crushed my fingers and leaned back on my seat to take a deep breath filling my lungs with fresh air as the neverending class got over finally. And that's when I felt his eyes on my every move.

'What! Has he kept looking at me throughout the class?'

********************************

Kavya Pov:

"But I am afraid that I can't make it today, may be next time. Because I have to leave early and I should be in .....", I tried to find the correct words before adding, "somewhere else in an hour."

"Where?", she twirled her head to look at me. Why god, why everyone gets suspicious whenever I try to lie. But this time I am not lying, let's say I am just hiding the truth.

"A date night with Faaris?"

"Idiot, no! It's my niece's first birthday today. My sister is throwing a big party, so I have to be there in time" I half lied, because it's Arsha's birthday, Parth's niece. Never have I ever would try to miss the first birthday of my little bundle of joy.

"Oh, wow! It's party time", she giggled as her eyes gleamed.

"Yes,

"So, what are you wearing tonight? And what about your hair and make up? Is there any theme?"

"Faiza, calm down. I haven't chosen my outfit yet. As it will be only our family, I would probably go with a simple saree"

"What the fudge! No, you are not wearing a damn saree to a birthday party."

"What's wrong with saree?"

"Are you for real?", she looked at me in disbelief before shaking her head. "Never mind, come with me", she urged me to come with her as she grabbed her car keys and books from the table.