The Accident

Deok Sun finally got the call from her company. She was delighted to find out she got assigned in Sacheon. She was given a week to settle down before she had to start working. Jung Hwan would have to go back to Sacheon around the same time so he could accompany her when she had to look for a place to live.

They stayed in Bangyo for the rest of the week and drove to Sacheon on the weekend. They spent the whole day looking for Deok Sun's apartment and found a small studio, ten minutes away from the airport.

He took her to the air base after that and she actually met his whole squadron. They were all excited to meet her and they kept asking her to introduce them to her friends when she told them she was a flight attendant. Jung Hwan finally put a stop on that and muttered dinner as an excuse to get away from them.

Jung Hwan took her to his favourite restaurant and it was filled with men in uniform as well. He greeted some of them and Deok Sun was especially in awe when some of them gave him a salute. He laughed when he saw her expression.

"Yah, why are you so surprised?" he asked.

"It's just so weird," she answered, shrugging her shoulders.

"Your reaction was just like Taek's when he saw that," Jung Hwan chuckled when they got to their table.

"Taek's been here before?" she asked him, surprised. He nodded, but the waiter came to get their order before he could say anything. He ordered for them and the waiter finally left them alone.

"You actually never talked about it with Taek?" Jung Hwan asked, baffled. Deok Sun shook her head.

"I think, until he found your ring, he thought I never knew about your feeling," she answered. "I wasn't keen to talk to him about you either."

"Well, he came here alone once, before you started dating," he smiled grimly. "To ask for my permission, I guess."

"What did he say?" she asked. So he told her about the wallet and she grinned ear to ear when he finished. "You kept our picture in your wallet?"

"Yah, that's not the point," Jung Hwan frowned but she laughed, ignoring him.

"Do you still keep it? The picture?"

Jung Hwan sighed and took out his wallet. She grabbed it right away, opened it and smiled sweetly when she saw their picture inside. She still remembered how he caught her by surprise when he suddenly held her. She was still in a daze when the picture was taken.

"You kept it all this time?" she asked him, touched.

"I took it out when I dated So Jung. I left it in Bangyo," he answered nonchalantly. She glared at him, annoyed that he ruined the moment by mentioning his ex-girlfriend.

"Yah! How could say that to me?"

"Why?"

"Do you have to tell me that?"

"Why? It's the truth."

"Well, I don't want to know!"

"Aigoo, arasseo. I won't talk about her again," Jung Hwan laughed and patted her arms. He took back his wallet, waved it to her. "It doesn't matter anyway, right? What mattered is I put it back inside."

"Print the picture for me then. I want to keep our picture in my wallet too," Deok Sun grinned.

"Just take a new one. You didn't look that good in that picture," he dismissed her idea right away. She glared at him again. This guy, really. She didn't get to say anything because their food finally arrived and they started digging in right away.