Chapter 29: Technology Sucks

Start from the beginning

“You mean Elena? She’s the only person you really care about protecting. Don’t think that just because she’s the apple of your eye I’ll just leave her alone. She put you in a mood and it’s just a bonus that her blood makes hybrids. You see; I don’t like Klaus right now and what better way to get to him then to ruin his chance at a hybrid army?”

“You’re rambling, Eva.”

“No I’m not. I’m just explaining some things to you; vampire style.”

“If by that you mean quickly then that’s basically the definition of rambling.”

“Maybe in Damon-World, but in my world it’s different.”

“Look it up in the dictionary, I know I’m right.”

“You always think you’re right. I’ve read the entire dictionary before so I know what rambling is.”

“And you think I get bored too much, at least I’m not the one reading dictionaries in my spare time.”

“Instead you drink your weight in alcohol.”

“Incorrect.” Damon smirked at me. “I drink much more than that.”

“Right, now I’m seriously considering taking you to an AA meeting.”

“Is that something else you do in your free time? Go to meetings and admit you have an addiction? Sounds thrilling.”

“You can’t tell me you’ve never done something like that just for kicks.”

“I’ve never done something like that at all, let alone as a source of entertainment. Who the hell finds sitting in a circle and talking all about your feelings to be fun? Crazy people and you, sister, are no exception.”

“I’m a vampire; insanity is in the job description. Just like serial killer.”

“Not all vampires are serial killers, just look at Stefan.”

I looked at Damon for a second before we both burst out laughing. “If I’ve ever met a serial killer; it is our little Steffie. He’s like a part time worker that tries really hard to do good while he’s on duty before he completely changes after his shift. Part-time life coach and part-time serial killer.”

“Well I guess it’s a good thing. If I had to watch him eat anymore animals I think my head would have exploded.”

“Maybe if someone,” I gave Damon a pointed look, “didn’t abandon him then he would have learned the art of self control.”

“You abandoned him too, don’t be a hypocrite. That is Stefan’s job.”

“We are so mean to him! Why are we so mean to him?”

“Because he’s our little brother, as older siblings it is our right and duty to make fun of our younger sibling.”