First Day Trial

When Will passed the trial rules from Ms. Grutiner to Nico, he knew he will never read them.

Both of them had lost of practice thanks to looking out for the younger campers back in New York, but since they moved to Washington, they felt a little... lonelier. Maybe it was the noisy city background what they missed, or maybe it was the fact that their friends were around. Will was sure Nico missed both Jason and Percy, but he will never admit it.

As soon as Anastassia finished with her bags- Nico had insisted that she left nothing behind -they led her out of the house, hopefully to not return. Both young men could sense her edginess, especially Will since he was the one helping her strap her seatbelt.

"Thank you..." She whispered at him, blushing a little. Will smiled and nodded, walking all the way to the driver's seat, but he found a surprise: Nico was sitting there.

"What are you doing there?" He asked, not understanding fully. Nico rolled his eyes at him. "We're never gonna make it if you drive-"

"Better late than scared." Nico retorted, smirking. Will blinked in surprise, but said nothing, seating himself on the passenger's seat. As soon as he was in, Nico turned the car on and started to drive. No more than five minutes passed before Will groaned in exasperation, which draw a soft giggle from Anastassia. Immediately, Will decided to use that in his advantage.

"You had green light!"

"Turning yellow!"

"You could have gone a little faster!"

"Yellow means stop-"

"That's the red."

"You're not driving. End of story." Nico finished the arguement, finally listening to Anastassia's giggles. He smirked at Will, knowing he would never argue about driving that slow. He would occasionally jab him about it, but nothing more. So, Nico then decided to drive even more slowly to annoy Will, and when they reached their apartment an hour and a half later, Nico could not hold it back. "OK, we're here!" He announced, stopping the car.

"Finally!! You drive like an old woman!" Will teased him, winking at Anastassia, who smiles.

"Well, you and your siblings are no better, mister." Nico argued. "Remember that time one of your siblings crashed your father's car so bad your grandfather had to forbid him to drive again?" Will faked to wince in pain, a hand on his chest.

"It was a sad day to all." He admitted, dramatically. Soon, the couple was helping their new addition out the car. Nico was carrying her bags while Will guided her towards the elevator. "Alright, sweetie... We have an extra room for you, but we don't want to decorate it just yet, though it will be filled with your stuff, alright?"

"I can sleep on the couch-"

"No sleeping in the couch." Will interrupted her, looking offended. "That's Nico's place when he messes up-"

"Hey!" Nico protested, earning smirks from his other two companions. "I haven't messed up in weeks- fine I'll just shut up." He resigned when he saw his apartment and walked in. It was a little bigger for only two, but now, it would be perfect. Will was looking at Anastassia, who was gaping at it.

"You like it?" Will asked, closing the door.

"It's huge." She noticed, still looking around.

"Yeah, well... We usually have a lot of guests" Nico explained to her, before guiding her to her room, that only had a queen-size bed. The young girl was very much surprised. "This could be your room, if you, well..." Nico stopped himself, but Anastassia didn't need him to go on. It was implicit.

"Look what I found!!" Will's voiced echoed through the hallway, while he walked into the room. He handed Anastassia a huge electronic board with a delicate frame in copper. "I was gonna take it to the store, but... consider it your 'welcome' gift." She stared at them, a lot of emotions going through her eyes: exciment, fear, worry, concern, happiness...

"What if I don't- can't stay?" She wanted to know. Will shrugged, but it was kind of sad.

"You can keep it. It's a present." They could see the confusion on her eyes and the sorrow if she couldn't stay. Confusion won.

"Thanks, but... What is it?"

"Yeah, Will. What is it?" Nico repeated, mocking Will. He smirked and turned it on. Names and numbers started to dance around.

"It's... a calendar" I said.

"A never ending calendar... Consider it a big, gigantic tablet that only has calendar and photo apps" Will stated, hanging it from the wall, facing the bed. "And the first thing we'll add is today, as the anniversary of our meeting..." He wrote it down. "...and your family's birthdays." He finished, looking at Anastassia, who was ready to cry.

"Really?" She chocked out, before Nico sat down on the bed, looking at her.

"We promised, didn't we?" He reminded her. She then did the only thing she could think of: she launched at him and hugged him tight.

"Grazie, piccolo Nico." Nico stiffen when hearing those words. He could swear that someone else said those words, but he could not start accusing the little girl there, so he hugged her back, a little tighter.

"Prego, Bia" he whispered back.

----

TRANSLATION #1:

"Thank you, little Nico"

"You're welcome, Bia"

----

Hi, beautiful people of the internet!

First of all... HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!! I want to wish a wonderful day to the fathers that are there constantly. To the ones who are away for work and think of us. To the ones we lost and know are watching over us. To the ones that raised us even when we don't share blood.

To all of you, happy day.

Secondly, I want to get something out of my chest, regarding the World Cup (not a very football fan myself, but I'll say this anyway): WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS??! Seriously! I've watched all the matches (8 so far) and none of you are giving us great performances. Have you seen Morocco vs Iran?? The Iran team won because Morocco made a goal IN THEIR OWN GOAL AREA! And, don't- DON'T get me started on Argentina's UNDER PREFORMACE!

*makes panting noises, ranting over*

Anyway, let's head down to the stories, shall we?

Sis/Bro! Your Shadow is Hot!: 1 chapter! We only have three chapters left! Can't believe it!

The First Times: 1 chapter! Hope you guys are liking the story so far... have someone cried yet?

Quest: Matchmade (former collab with ReeReeWithAngst): 1 chapter!

Enjoy Father's Day!

xoxo, SilverHuntresses