3. The_promise

I reached my apartment and went straight away to my room. I sat curled up in a corner. Images of Greg leaving the cafe filled my head. Every word he said had hit me in the wrong place.

      The thought of losing him made me want to cry. I felt the world crashing around me. I didn't realize I was crying until the tears fell on my wrist. I hadn't cried since a few months because Greg wasn't happy when I cried. So, I had learned to bottle up my emotions to myself.

      I had promised him that I would try my best to not let my tears control me. But, now , I don't think I can..... Because the tears seem to make their way out of my eyes even before I can stop them.
     "I'm sorry Greg, I broke my word.." I whispered and cried hugging my knees.
     I let it all out because I knew I couldn't keep it inside any longer. It must have been a few hours since I started crying and felt numb.

       I heard a knock on my door and swiftly wiped my tears.
      "Lea, lunch it's in the microwave. Heat it and has have it. It's hours since you had anything. And I'm leaving for Justin's party.I went be back till midnight. Do me a favour and take care of yourself, will you? Bye"
I heard Niall closing the main door and sound of engine roasting to life.

      Niall never knocked on my room. He just bathed in whenever he wanted. Knocking was very un-like Niall. And that just means he had heard me sniffing like a four year old and decided to give me some space.

I still sat there thinking about anything but 'him'. I didn't feel hungry. In an attempt to stop thinking about 'him' , I thought how close me and Niall were as kids.

When Dad and Mom left us, I was broken beyond repair and Niall was always there to boost me up. Even when he cracked jokes to enlighten me up, I knew that it hurt him so much inside.
  He refused to let his sorrows out and always concealed it just for my sake. But, it was all visible in his eyes. He was there for me whenever I needed him. He discarded his matches and parties just so that he could be with me.
  His girlfriend when left him complaining that he spends very less time with her.
It was only when I started dating Greg, Niall got a chance to have fun in his life. When I got busy with Greg, he too would be busy with their club activities.

        We got little distant.  But he still cared. I was scared to bother him again with my silly problems and worries. I didn't want to deny him the fun that he ought to have in his life. I didn't want him to regret being my brother.
       So, I have decided to not let him worry. I'm going to make sure that he gets to enjoy his life just like other boys.
     I want to be strong for him. I need to be strong...